All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS Diet and Redipes
      #248278 - 02/23/06 10:42 PM
heather411

Reged: 02/07/06
Loc: Canada

Hi,it is Heather, very new to this, website. Have found it absolutely amazing after 10 years of suffering. I really need to know if it is okay to eat pasta? Also I wanted to say I stopped totally eating any dairy products at all, and I no longer have the terrible bloating and pain I have suffered with for so long. A freind of mine downloaded the info from this site for me and I am just moving forward all the time, I still have a hard time beleiving that it is actually working so far with the lack of all the dairy products. I know there is so much more to learn which is why I am asking about being able to eat plain pasta. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Heather from Ontario Canada. thankyou

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

this really belongs on the eating boards.. new
      #248283 - 02/24/06 04:55 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

but plain semolina pasta is not a trigger UNLESS WHEAT PRODUCTS are one of your triggers... its one of the things I live on personally

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Heather from Ontario new
      #248297 - 02/24/06 06:34 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm glad eliminating dairy is helping you so much, but it sounds like your friend who dowloaded the info - what a great thing to do! - only got you part of the story. I say that because there's a lot more to Heather's Eating For IBS Diet than just eliminating dairy - there are other trigger foods and irritants. Equally important, the basis of the diet is the importance of soluble fiber foods and pasta is a great one. Just read the ingredients on the box to be sure there is no dairy in it and that there are no egg yolks or whole eggs. As Khyricat said, if you have a wheat allergy or gluten intolerance, that's a whole 'nother thing, but that's a separate issue from IBS.

You really need to read the full information on Heather's Eating For IBS diet. I think her book "The First Year - IBS" is the best way to do that - it gives you a step-by-step approach that's very easy to follow and it also talks about making sure you have a firm diagnosis, the importance of exercise and stress management, and what medicines might help. Your local library may have it or you can buy it from this Website or from Barnes & Noble or Amazon.

A lot of the book is also on the Website. You can start reading it here.

And - also as Khyricat says - you'll do better posting these types of questions on the Diet Board. That's where people ask general questions about the Diet, including what is and isn't safe. Be sure to read the list of pre-requisites before you start posting there. This Board, the Recipe Board, is for posting recipes you find that are IBS-safe and for asking cooking questions like, for example, if you wanted to ask how to boil water to make the pasta.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 114 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1199

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review