All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Aaagh! So aggravating being young!
      #84896 - 06/30/04 10:00 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I absoloutely hate living in New Jersey...
I am trying to get off of my parent's car insurance policy and onto my own (right now I give them money to keep me on, even thought we don't live together).
It will cost more than 2 x as much for the same covereage!
My age, having accidents when I was 17... and NJ is HORRIBLE for car insurance!
Anyone in California that reads is thinking right now, "well, can't be worse than mine", not true! i met a Cali girl last year at school that said that she didn't believe that her insurance could get any higher, than she moved to Jersey.
We have such a congested state. I feel like I am a sardine and NJ is the can. LOL
That, and it stinks not being 21 yet. it is too far away to be excited about, and too soon to forget about. That, and everyone that I know is now 21. Everyone. I keep getting invited out to bars, and I can't go. I know that you don't need to drink to have fun, but it'd be the perfect oppurtunity to get out and make friends and recover from my social anxiety, loner-ism. My BF is 23, so he doesn't want to leave me behind, but sometimes all that his friends want to do is go to the bar. It's not his thing, but I'm sure he would have an extra push to go and spend time with them if I was of age.
I can live by myself and pay all my bills, go to school and work part time... but I can't go in certain places after a certain time at night!
Guess it'll happen soon enough...

--------------------
-Sheri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Aaagh! So aggravating being young! new
      #84914 - 06/30/04 10:19 AM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

Yeah, I hear ya Sheri! for some reason I thought YOU were 23 though! Guess we're closer in age than I thought! Cool. The drinking age here in Canada is 19, which is great...EXCEPT that I was 17 (!) in Sept 03 when I started university. I turned 18 in October and because I wasn't of age I couldnt even get into the CAMPUS bar! Sheesh, made me feel like a real university student *rolling eyes*
Anyway, you're right about the don't need to drink to have fun but ppl our age tend to gravitate towards it dont they.... - and about the friends thing, I totally understand too.
It's like I know the great people on here better than I know my "real friends." Sheri, do you work?
I just started a job at a restaurant and although I don't love being on my feet long hours, especially feeling *crappy* (no pun intended...) I have found that I've met soo many nice people thru it. Its at a health club which is nice because I've met people who are servers like me, the chefs/cooks, people who work at the front desk, trainers, coaches, etc...its great.
Even if you find something part time, it might help to meet people!!! Well, write back~
*Caryn*

Caryn new
      #84954 - 06/30/04 10:56 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Yeah, I work full time, but it isn't very demanding... I do accounts receivable work (billing) for an air conditioning service company. I go on the board during lunch and check in heare and there for a few mental breaks... I don't feel guilty, it takes the place of my previosu smoke breaks.
It is a fairly small company, and everyone I work with is old enought ot be my parent. Most of the office people have children my age, actually.
I found that school (I go part time but am off for the summer) has been a good way to at least get OUT.

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: Caryn new
      #84959 - 06/30/04 10:59 AM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

yeah school is good too. so, do you have to stay at that job? would you consider any other one???

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 370 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 527

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review