All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
OH honey... new
      #78953 - 06/14/04 11:56 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Oh honey... I'm sorry your having such a hard time with the BF... I tell ya...MEN... they are interesting creatures aren't they?!?!!? Yes, I agree with Bev.... he wants his space.... that is not what you want to hear.... but that is what you need to do. The ball is in his court now.... if he does not want to play anymore then you will have to find someone(S) else to play with... and that should not be too hard to do. You are YOUNG... and beautiful....

Good luck at your training today and here is to hoping you can make some new friends.....

You will do just fine... give it some time......

{{HUGS}}

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: wish me luck... new
      #78960 - 06/14/04 12:22 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Ashley, I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through. I've done the whole LD relationship thing and I know it's not fun. It must be especially hard in place where you don't really know anyone. You've gotten some great advice already, so just hang in there. If this doesn't end up working out try to remember that things happen for a reason. If it's meant to be it will be.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Steph.. new
      #79017 - 06/14/04 02:55 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Steph,

Thanks so much for your reply. Training was so short.. which totally sucks. (I never thought i'd say that). I was hoping to get out of the house longer. Its so hard to keep my mind off things here because I seriously have no friends and my mom and dad are away from the week, so basically its just me and thats it. that makes it alot worse.. cause this was basically the worst week for this to happen.

I'm the same way as you.. I feel as though the world is gonna end. I am relatively dramatic.. sooo.. for me this is the saddest thing ever.. and drama aside.. it really is. It would be one thing if we could just take a break etc, b.c I know things would be stronger when we got back together, but I don't think he's willing to wait.

I'm sick of all this crap making me stronger and making me a better person. I don't feel like that great of a person considering I'm not worth waiting for or working something. I know that that is not true, but I love him, so I value his opinion above all others. this sucks so bad. Anyways, I know I'm just feeling sorry for myself. But this sucks. Like i don't even know what to do. I just wish I could turn back time and just take this all back.. I just wished I shut my mouth... like I said I'm dramatic.. and I should have just shut up. I don't even care all that much.. I know it was something I could have refrained from saying.. I was bored and lonely.. not to mention pmsing.. and picked stupid fights. huge mistake. now I'm paying for it.

--------------------

Re: OH honey... new
      #79020 - 06/14/04 03:01 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

thanks shell... work was alright. I think I managed to make one friend... but she just moved here to be with..
*yup you guessed it* her boyfriend.
Anyways, I don't exactly want to drop this load onto people I just met, so I smiled and listened and nodded my head. all the while thinking man you are lucky. This is so tough.

--------------------

Re: So sorry, Ashley new
      #79027 - 06/14/04 03:21 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Thanks Barbie.. its not even so much a question of trust. I trust him ALOT. He's NEVER given me any reason not to.
I think it was more of a factor me feeling like i took a backseat to his friends now that we are seperated. I should have been more careful explaining that.. instead of acting out in jealousy. I think I felt left out of his life, which is inevitable being so far away. but I could have handled it better, because I did trust him.

mostly i was bored and lonely and got mad.. when i shouldn't have.

--------------------

Been there, done that... new
      #79031 - 06/14/04 03:25 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...and it's not fun, it's not big and it's not helpful. What a poohey situation. I'd try and sit on your hands and NOT contact him for a little while.

In the meantime - you go be a smiley, happy and above all, SPICEY waitress, you hear?

I made ADB's and.. new
      #79096 - 06/14/04 06:17 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

they came out gross.. I needed some cheering up.. so I made them and they don't taste so good.. too floury or something. Maybe cause its my first time.. I won't give up on them and I'll try them again cause everyone loves them so much.. but its saaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.. I could really use those badboys right now.

--------------------

ASHLEY!!!!!!!! new
      #79097 - 06/14/04 06:18 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Wow I really stink at being a penpal. I'm so sorry I missed this whole thread. I am ALWAYS thinking about you and your situation with Vinnie. Hahah I hope that doesn't freak you out -- you just remind me a lot of myself, especially in the areas of usually coming off as really secure and confident, and then having insane moments of stupid jealousy that threaten to ruin everything ... sound familiar?
I'm not going to sit here and echo all the good advice you've already gotten. When I feel they way you feel, the last thing I want to hear is a bunch of cliches about how if it's meant to be, it will be, or how things like this only make you stronger, or any of that, even though I know those things to be true. I do have a kind of random question, and I don't want you to think I'm some kind of creepy Jesus freak or anything ... but what is your spiritual life like? I love going to church, I have a great relationship with my priest and with everyone there, and I always get a kind of peace from praying that I don't get from talking to anyone else. I mean, I do talk to my parents, my siblings, my cousins, and my sisters-in-law, especially when I am not in the mood for any sugar-coating, but somehow praying really helps more than anything.
I really don't want to sit here and preach, but there are a few things I want to say. First of all, prayer and the belief that God really is good and really does have a good plan for you, can help with the lonliness, bigtime. It's so easy, especially in your situation, to feel like you are totally alone in the world. I really try to remind myself as much as possible that I'm not alone.
In general, I'm a total control freak. If I'm meeting up with my boyfriend, I have to know all the plans for the night, how we are getting places, who is meeting us, what he will be wearing .... I need to know all the details in advance. It takes a lot of faith to say okay God, I don't need to know the details, I don't even need to know the general plan -- I'm just going to trust you to work things out for me, and I'm going to do my best to do the things you like in the meantime. That takes so much faith and so much patience -- two things I don't have a lot of, and two things I pray for more of!
Okay ... climbing off the pulpit now ...
That's really the best advice I can give you. Even if you are not a religious person, do your best to accept the fact that you can only control yourself, your actions, and how you respond to other people. If Vinnie really is the man to make you happy, then I hope things work out. If he's not the one for you, then really I hope it's over quickly so you can reflect on what you've learned, and move on to making yourself happy.
It's not easy being a 20-something girl these days, is it? I can never remember if we are supposed to trust men or not ... do you ever feel like the feminists ruined romance? We don't trust men anymore, they don't bother to earn our trust, and nobody knows who is supposed to pay ...

For what it's worth, I'm sending you lots of love and hugs, and you really are in my thoughts all the time, so you shouldn't feel totally alone.
xoxo,
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: I made ADB's and.. new
      #79100 - 06/14/04 06:20 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Oh man. Nothing worse than a failed attempt at baking. Especially when it is a chocolate letdown.
Hey don't take this the wrong way, but are you by any chance PMSing? The picking fights for no reason, feeling hopeless and frustrated, and wanting chocolate sound a lot like me when it's my time of the month. Could this be it?

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: I made ADB's and.. new
      #79101 - 06/14/04 06:22 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

The mixture should be pretty runny when you put it in the baking tin. Did you measure everything right?

Have another go. I love licking the bowl while they cook!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1165 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8823

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review