All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
aching tum
      #77654 - 06/09/04 02:18 PM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

Hi all. Part of me feels I shouldn't be writing to ask about this because it's not nearly as bad as it could be - but I'm trying to figure out what's going on here. I am usually IBS-D. But I havn't had D in about 2 weeks now - that is the good part. The bad part is that just about every time I put anything in my tummy - liquid, starchy or otherwise - it gets achey. The degree of the ache varies from a dull annoying pain like I have right now to sharp pains that seem to travel accross to my back and hurt very bad for shorter periods of time. As I said, my BMs have been normal and I'm eating stuff that's good for me. I'm chewing on altoids like thier going out of style. I might not be getting enough water, but I'm trying to remedy that - it just seems water can cause the pain too - like I said ANYTHING I put in my tummy! Any clues on what's going on here and how I can remedy it? It's not as bad as D, but neither is a happy occurence!
Thanks all,
Min

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: aching tum new
      #77656 - 06/09/04 02:28 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

This is a wild guess but I got an episode of really bad pain from drinking too much peppermint tea before I realized I have GERD. I was doubled over in pain with the heating pad. Could it be the altoids?

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#77658 - 06/09/04 02:30 PM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

Reflux usually involves upper GI pain right? This is stuck deeper in my abdomen. I have problems with acid sometimes, but I don't think this feels the same. Dunno.

#77659 - 06/09/04 02:31 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hey Min,

Could you possibly be eating too many Altoids? You might try cutting back and see what happens.
Also, where is the pain in your stomach? When you mention it radiates to your back it reminds me of gallstones.

Try to keep a food diary and try eating different things... in other words....do some detective work....maybe you can pinpoint what is causing this. Are you sure nothing has sorbitol (your mints, gum, vitamins, etc)?
It could also be trapped gas. I take Phazyme and it helps me.

Otherwise I don't know what else to tell you.

Barbie

--------------------

#77766 - 06/10/04 02:58 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I'd cut down on the altoids and drink Chamomile tea. Also, whatever you eat or drink (even water) - make sure it's not too cold and take tiny mouthfuls and really chew them. Basic, I know, but everyone forgets.

Also, exercise. Sounds like maybe you're a bit bunged up (that's how I feel when I am) so try and keep moving.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 666 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 846

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review