All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
A Week of Milestones
      #77618 - 06/09/04 01:04 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

This has been a week of milestones. Yesterday was my son's last day of high school, my last day of work, and as it turned out, my husband's too.
Our son graduates from high school Friday; I quit my job, and my husband just accepted a new position. To top this off, my parents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary this week.
I have a house full of relatives coming---and I bet you don't have to ask if I'm stressed!!!!!!!!!
So many milestones---good ones, but also sad. I already cried Sunday at church when I saw these 2 little boys walking down the aisle holding hands. I looked at my 2 teenage boys---and the tears started and I couldn't quit sobbing. It seems like just yesterday that they were that young. My son sitting next to me was embarrassed. He kept saying, "It's ok, Mom! It's ok!" I told him I'd be ok this year, but I'd really be crying next year when he graduates. (Our boys are only 13 months apart.)
I wish I could just stop the clock.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A Week of Milestones new
      #77638 - 06/09/04 01:52 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

WOW... so much going on!! Take LOTS of pictures and even try to get a video cam.... this is a weekend you will not want to forget.

Take some deep breaths and ENJOY your time with your family.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#77647 - 06/09/04 02:02 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Sounds like alot of happy things going on in your life. Enjoy the weekend, especially those boys!!!

#77663 - 06/09/04 02:38 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi,

You certainly have a lot of stuff going on in your life right now. Thanks goodness, it is good stuff, but even good stuff can cause stress.

I know how you feel about your boys (young men). It is a little sad in a way when they grow up. Both of my boys are grown and it seemed like it happened too fast.
Just think, you have a lot to look forward to such as weddings and grandbabies.....I'm expecting my first grandbaby in November and it seems like my son was just a baby the other day.

Good luck
Barbie

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1436 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 355

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review