All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: UPDATE Whaaaa -- I need some Living Room love new
      #75178 - 06/01/04 09:02 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Amanda! They couldn't do the test!! That's unbelievable!! They should have called!! ARGGHHHHH!!!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#75344 - 06/01/04 06:49 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

OMG Amanda,

It sounds like you are having a rough enough time of it as it is and then to prep for the test and have it cancelled ....I can't even imagine how that must feel. I am so sorry you had to go through that and I think you definitely need a "lot" of living room love. Here is mine.

BUNCHES & BUNCHES OF LOVE

As for the sardines and lentils....sorry...but...yuck!!!!

Hope tomorrow is a better day
Barbie

--------------------

#75353 - 06/01/04 07:30 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Awww thanks for all the love. It really helps. Plus I just had a really fun/good thing happen. I am going to a summer camp reunion this weekend, and there is a black-tie optional banquet. I was trying to decide what to wear, and I uncovered a dress I bought 6 months ago and forgot all about! And, not to toot my own horn, but it looks really good! I am so excited. My bf is going to be there too, and I haven't seen him in a month now, so I am happy that I'll be looking my best!
See, life has a way of turning up again.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Boo Hiss to the Doctor! new
      #75389 - 06/01/04 09:43 PM
sperry_twiggins

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Beautiful Pacific Northwest

I can't believe they let you go through the whole sigmoidoscopy prep AND come all the way into the office before telling you they couldn't do the test. Grrrr. I would have embarrassed myself by making a big scene.

So what book was it that you loved so much that you grieved when it was over? I've had that feeling too!

sperry_twiggins

boo boo boo new
      #75431 - 06/02/04 06:15 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Hi,

So sorry about all the problems that have been going on in your life! one great thing to look forward to is seeing your man!! woohoo.. I just had to leave mine

I'm sure you'll have a great time at your camp reunion, and I'm happy things are looking better for you!

--------------------

#75433 - 06/02/04 06:18 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

LoL. I agree!! when my husband eats sardines I have to leave the room!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Boo Hiss to the Doctor! new
      #75454 - 06/02/04 07:39 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Well I would have made a big scene too, except at some point this man is going to have to stick the scope in my rear end, and I'd like him to be as gentle as possible! The book was The Thorn Birds. I actually started it almost a year ago, but then the first year of law school happened, and pleasure reading went out the window! I was so glad to pick it up again at the end of the year, and I finished it very quickly. It was so good. I just think the "separation" has been extra painful because the characters have been on my mind all year. Anyway my dad has the film on tape so I'll watch it when I home for a visit.

--------------------
Amanda

Re: Boo Hiss to the Doctor! new
      #75457 - 06/02/04 07:46 AM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

Amanda thats a good point you make about the doctor at some point having to perform the test. LOL. Yikes! I still feel bad for you though, did you get it resheduled?

Re: boo boo boo new
      #75459 - 06/02/04 07:47 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Hey! I'm so glad you made it home in one piece, physically and emotionally. I am SO PISSED about your pants. I'd probably still be crying. Are they new and still available in the stores, or old favorites? Can you start a new trend and paint some more stuff on them, and tell everyone you got them in Italy? Haha sorry that's totally something my mother would say...
I am really proud of you for leaving without crying in front of him. I have about zero control over my own waterworks, so I find that very impressive. I'm sure this summer is going to be a period of a lot of growth and change for you and for the relationship, even if it doesn't go the way you want it to.
This is kind of a random personal question, but who are the supportive women in your life? I have no sisters, but I am incredibly close with my girl cousins (actually I am getting close to my sisters-in-law, but my cousins and I really grew up like sisters). Two years ago, when a relationship I was in was falling apart in front of my face, and I was desperately trying to hold on to it, my two older cousins and I sat up all night and had a huge yelling cryfest. They really sat me down and told me in plain English that this boy was clearly not in love with me; that I was disrespecting myself; that I deserved to be with someone who loved me back; that that person existed somewhere. I am by no means comparing my ex to Vinnie, or my situation to yours. I'm just wondering if you have people in your life who can see things objectively but are protective of you. I hated how over-protective my brothers and all my cousins (there are so many) were all my life, but now I am so thankful that I have the kind of relationships that can't be destroyed by saying things that are hard to say. Is your relationship with your sister like that? Just curious.

--------------------
Amanda

I'd be livid! new
      #75466 - 06/02/04 07:52 AM
crampgirl

Reged: 02/23/04

I would just be furious that I had to go through the whole prep mess and then they don't do it. That is just unforgiveable. I'm so sorry.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 714 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2568

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review