All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hope
      #73350 - 05/25/04 02:08 PM
kristind

Reged: 05/23/04

Today I went to my gastro doctor. He is trying a new med for me in hope that my stomach will work some. I have gastroparesis severe and nothing seems to be working now. I hope I will not have to go back on the IV meds for my stomach. I was taking them for three long years They stopped working so something else had to be used that is not working either, Zelnorm did not work either.

I talked to him about the IBS C/D and the only thing he coud offer me was Fibrocon taking that alot to help with the pain. Tried that years ago no help either.

For my tummy he wants to try a gastric paceer to stimulate my tummy to work. He told me that I was at the top of the list when he gets the approval from the FDA. I have kind of been the poster person for Gastricparesis for that hospital. I am in the computer to be called as soon as he has the green light on that procedure. I am praying that I will not have to wait too long.

The pain clinic appointment finally came through. I go there next week. I was in the ER over the weekend with so much pain I was crying. I was able to get some pain pills from a sympathetic doctor there. I hate IBS so much.

I appreciate everyone replying to me on this board. I will be getting the tea and using all of the other suggestions as well. I am so glad that I found this board.

You are all so cool!!!:)

kristind

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hope new
      #73354 - 05/25/04 02:28 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Kristind,

I'm sorry you are in so much pain. I have IBS but I do not have the same problem you have so I can't give you any advice, just sympathy. I hope your doctor will come through for you on this new procedure so your suffering will end. This board is a great place to get help and support.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Barbie

--------------------

Re: Hope new
      #76383 - 06/04/04 08:07 PM
bsinnett

Reged: 06/03/04
Loc: Anchorage, Alaska

Kristind,

I'm so sorry for all you are having to go through!

I belong to a support group for gastroparesis. There is A LOT of information there as well as wonderful supportive people.

http://b7.ezboard.com/bbellybusters

I hope the pacer comes through quickly.

Take Care,
Bonnie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 936 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 383

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review