All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
A HAPPY DAY!!! (Kandee, Jen, Laura Sue, Barbie, etc. etc.)
      #72440 - 05/22/04 01:29 PM
Dimples

Reged: 04/01/04

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted you to know I had a happy day today as my father brought my mother (with alzheimers as you know) to visit me today. She was in a very good mood and was trying so hard to tell me so many things. Could only pick up bits here and there but the most important thing I heard her say when I gave her a hug was I Love You So Much, You're My Baby!!! That meant so much to me as she doesn't remember I'm her daughter or know my name is Pat. I was the baby for 16 years until my sister was born. Of course now she's the baby but for that instant she remembered I was her child and that meant so much to me. Anyone who knows someone with alzheimers like Jen and others on here knows how much hearing those words can mean. Sometimes for a couple of seconds the mind will click back enough for them to be able to make themselves clear enough to be understood. Helped to make up a little for the sadness of my grandson moving away.

Had to let you know as I try so hard to be strong but realize inside I'm still a Mush! It just means sooooooo much to me had to share my joy with my friends on here!

Love you all,

Pat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A HAPPY DAY!!! (Kandee, Jen, Laura Sue, Barbie, etc. etc.) new
      #72442 - 05/22/04 01:45 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Oh, Pat, that's great! I know just what you mean. My grandmother's face would light up like the sun whenever my brother or sister or I walked into her room. She couldn't remember our names, but she knew we made her very very happy!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#72447 - 05/22/04 01:59 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

That brought tears to my eyes! How sweet. What a wonderful story. Have a great rest of the day.
~Cara

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: A HAPPY DAY!!! (Kandee, Jen, Laura Sue, Barbie, etc. etc.) Thanks Laura Sue!! new
      #72449 - 05/22/04 02:03 PM
Dimples

Hi Laura Sue!

Thanks so much for your comments. It's nice to have someone who understands what you feel like inside when you go through these things with alzheimers. My mother was so happy to be here and I had bought her some summer shirts and she was so thrilled when I gave them to her. She always sewed so loved the material and the sequin designs on them. She was in such a happy mood today and that's what I love seeing so much. All I want is for HER to be happy inside, then I can deal with this horrible illness.

I'm so glad you had a good day gardening. Do the things you love doing first and then if you still have the energy, do the things that Need to be done. It will keep you in a good frame of mind and it's a happy tiredness because you did something you really enjoy. Check the posts every day to see how you're doing and if you find mine from yesterday you'll see I wished you at least a 6 (wanting an 8) for you all weekend. Glad you've been at least the 6 but your personality is always a 10+.

Hugs to you,

Pat

Re: A HAPPY DAY!!! (Kandee, Jen, Laura Sue, Barbie, etc. etc.) Thanks Cara! You're Sweet! nt new
      #72451 - 05/22/04 02:06 PM
Dimples

subject

Pat, you are SO sweet!! I so appreciate your good wishes and hopes for me every day! -nt- new
      #72453 - 05/22/04 02:14 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#72466 - 05/22/04 04:17 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hey Pat...

That's terrific. It's so great when there are moments of lucidity and you know they know that they love you and you're important to them, even if some of the other details are gone. I'm glad you had such a great visit!!!!

OH HAPPY DAY !!! new
      #72473 - 05/22/04 05:15 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Pat,

This is such wonderful news. I know how down you can get when your mom has something you CAN'T fix. But you know, like you said about the fact that if you ever get Alzheimers and you can't tell your daughter you love her vocally, you will always love her in your heart, and you hope that she knows that...........well, here is your mom.......you know she loves you in her heart, but then today was such a wonderful surprise.......like a Christmas gift from her ALL for you, and you only. She told you she loved you and you could see it in everything she did today.....what a lovely, lovely gift. I hope it's days like this that you remember always.........they will get you thru any bad times that may lay ahead.

I know you are a super sweet daughter to her......your kind, and caring words for all of us here proves it!!! Your mom truely has a jewel of a daughter.........

Kandee

--------------------

#72508 - 05/22/04 08:27 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Pat, so glad you got to see your mom today!! Her words had to be music to your heart.

I know you miss your grandbaby, today was a great boost for you. The situation with your mom must be very hard. I am thinking of you and your dad, this has to be very hard work for him too. gayla

#72528 - 05/22/04 10:41 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

Pat, i'm so glad that you had this experience today. you just made my heart smile.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3712 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2339

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review