All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Re: A HAPPY DAY!!! (Kandee, Jen, Laura Sue, Barbie, etc. etc.) (Thanks Jen, You Sweet Little Thing) new
      #72543 - 05/23/04 04:31 AM
Dimples

Reged: 04/01/04

Jen Honey,

I can't believe you took time to post me (Yes I Can Believe It Of YOU) since you were so sick last night.

That was such a nice thing to say. You make my heart smile too every time I read your posts.

You're such a wonderful girl. No wonder everyone loves you so much on these boards! How could they not!

Thanks and hope you're well soon!

Pat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: OH HAPPY DAY !!! (Kandee my friend, you make me blush!!) new
      #72544 - 05/23/04 04:51 AM
Dimples

Oh Kandee,

You make me blush with all the compliments you give me, but I'll take them anytime anyone wants to give them to me now. I have a hard time with compliments but since it's a way of showing love and caring to someone will learn to accept them gracefully as I never could before.

I know you understand how happy yesterday made me. If I never hear her tell me those exact words again that will be Ok. She does tell me she loves me but never added about me still being her baby. Just hearing that made me know she knew I was a part of her and not someone she just thought was kind to her.

She even noticed I did my bathroom over nautical and could get the words out enough to say she didn't know how I did it. I just told her with a lot of help from my husband and we both laughed together.

I couldn't believe how many things she was trying to tell me. I could pick up on so many of them even when her voice trails off as I know her enough to understand from what words I can pick up on.

I had bought her some short-sleeved tee shirt style shirts to wear for the summer with sequin designs on them. Two with roses as that is her name, and one with a sailboat that I thought she could wear for Memorial Day as it is red with red, white and blue sailboat. She went crazy over them and kept fingering the sequins and exclaiming about them and I remembered all the sequin and bead work she added to my daughter's and my sister's wedding gowns.

All these little things ARE just like having the most wonderful Christmas like you said.

I know you realize how much this means to me as all I want is for her to be happy until the end. That means so much to me. I will keep this memory always and if I get down because she's having a bad day remind me of it, OK???

Thanks my friend,

Pat

Re: A HAPPY DAY!!! (Kandee, Jen, Laura Sue, Barbie, etc. etc.) THANKS GAYLA!) new
      #72545 - 05/23/04 05:01 AM
Dimples

Thanks so much for your kind words.

It did make me so happy especially where my grandson had just moved away.

It is so hard on my dad and he misses her so much at night since she's now in the nursing home. He sees her everyday and is allowed to take her out of the nursing home so takes her for a drive or over to my sister's home which is in the same city as the nursing home.

I was so happy he brought her to visit and I could see how relaxed HE was seeing her so happy too. It makes up for all the bad days alzheimer's patients have. I will always keep the good memories though and let the bad ones go.

Thanks so much for you kind words,

Pat

Re: A HAPPY DAY!!! (Kandee, Jen, Laura Sue, Barbie, etc. etc.) (Thanks so much chinagrl) nt new
      #72547 - 05/23/04 05:04 AM
Dimples

Pat, Love to share with you. new
      #72566 - 05/23/04 07:51 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hey Pat,

It is so cool that you had a HAPPY DAY
You are so sweet. You always have time to check on others even though you are having a rough time yourself. I really admire you.

Hope you have another Happy Day!
Barbie

--------------------

Re: Pat, Love to share with you. (Love to share with you to Barbie!!!) new
      #72586 - 05/23/04 09:33 AM
Dimples

Hi Barbie,

Thank you for the kind words. Don't give me too much credit though because I get more back from you people than I could ever give.

All of you have helped me so much. It sure helps my IBS etc. more than any medicine ever could.

Thanks Hon,

Pat

Hey Pat new
      #72604 - 05/23/04 11:10 AM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

I'm glad you had such a great day yesterday! I hope today's jsut as good!

Both of my great-grandma's have Alzheimer's (well, one died two years ago from it, but I still like to think of her as living) and it really is extremely frustrating trying to deal with them sometimes! Having to sit through the exact same story five times in a row or not being able to understand what they're saying. It used to be very tiring! I don't get to see my one grandma very much anymore because she lives so far away and we get really busy, but she calls us and we call her a lot and (even though she usually calls me my mom's name because she can't ever remember my name!) she always says "I love you guys and I want to be seeing you some more!" and it makes us all feel really good to know that she cares!

So I'm really happy for you and your mom! It's great to have a relationship like that. I heard that staying in contact with familiar faces helps slow Alzheimer's progression. So I'm glad ya'll are so close! I hope my mom and I are like that when I grow up

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

Re: A HAPPY DAY!!! (Kandee, Jen, Laura Sue, Barbie, etc. etc.) new
      #72611 - 05/23/04 11:32 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Pat,

How wonderful that you shared a special moment with your Mother. I cried when I read your message because I know how precious that moment was for you. You are going through a very difficult time and I only wish there was something more I could say to make things better for you.

Hopefully knowing that you have friends here to care and give you support will help a little.

Janey

--------------------
Janey

Re: Hey Pat (Hey Peaches, You're a Sweetheart) new
      #72645 - 05/23/04 02:41 PM
Dimples

Hi Peaches,

That's a great name for you as you really are a peach. Your grandmothers couldn't ask for a better grandaughter!

Yes, they do tell their stories over and over again, but you know what hon, someday when you get older you'll be happy they did because you will never forget them. Those are the memories you will keep in your heart forever.

I only have MEMORIES of my grandmother since she's been gone for quite a few years now but think of her all the time. Isn't it wonderful that we can have those memories to keep the people we love in our hearts forever.

Just remember all the joy you have brought to your grandmothers and how proud you must make them. You and your mother will have that same bond, you'll see. As you get older you'll see how much closer you become.

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know these things about your grandmothers. We share a bond, don't we? You and Tara are so special for your age and you make everyone on here feel so good to hear from you. You make our day!!

Best to you and your family,

Pat

Re: A HAPPY DAY!!! (Kandee, Jen, Laura Sue, Barbie, etc. etc.)(AND JANEY) new
      #72646 - 05/23/04 02:48 PM
Dimples

Hi Janey,

Thanks so much for your wonderful post. You couldn't do more than what you said in your note!! It made me feel soooooo good.

I tear up all the time reading the posts to me and also the ones sent to others that I read. I couldn't agree with you more. We have the most kind and loving people here on this website. They have done wonders for my morale as they have done for so many others. You are one of those loving people. I thank you for it!!!!!

Pat

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2822 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2365

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review