All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Just chopped my hair!
      #65270 - 04/27/04 01:23 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I decided since I wore my hair in a ponytail 4-5 days a week and in a barrette or headband the other days, that I should just cut it! I tried to wear my hair down, like in my picture, last week and it drove me NUTS. I know this sounds totally naroctic, but my hair touching me makes me angry and tense!!!

I just cut 3 inches off. Its collar leagnth with a few long layers. I can just barely get it pulled back still. I just had it done and right now its still bothering me but I don't care for the way she has it styled. I'm hoping once I get home and style it myself I will like it better.

I really want to give it a few weeks at this leagnth before I cut anymore off, I like the option of pulling it up and if I go any shorter I won't be able to do that!

Does anyone else spend years growing it out just to lop it off again?? I've grown and cut my hair now more times then I can remember!!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

New piccie please! new
      #65274 - 04/27/04 01:25 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I love getting my hair lopped off - it feels so light and not-annoying! Unfortunately I want it long for my wedding!

Re: Just chopped my hair! new
      #65305 - 04/27/04 02:20 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Nope..... I've been letting mine grow out since 1998 when I saw a picture of me.... I looked like a boy!! LOL I will NEVER go shorter then mid-back from now on..... (even if that means I wear a wig later in my older days)

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#65369 - 04/27/04 04:29 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

That's funny, Michele. There was just a whole thread on my migraine board about cutting your hair short because it hurts. Both my fibro and my migraines have been known to make my hair drive me nuts. So I can totally relate.

However, I have to say, in your picture you have the most beautiful hair. If you were a celebrity, I might have to put you on my "list"!!

But I'm sure it looks gorgeous and chic short also! Mine used to be really short, too.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

He-he. Everyone seems to be flirting now! - nt new
      #65370 - 04/27/04 04:31 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I get mine chopped tomorrow!!!! new
      #65536 - 04/28/04 08:16 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I'm sooooo ready to get it short again. I've been growing it now for three or four months thinking I would like it, but now it's driving me nuts. I've been telling my husband...."I have a surprise for you Thursday!"

#65542 - 04/28/04 08:33 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

You know, I always try something drastic with my hair after I have a baby or when I'm pregnant. I always want some kind of change and it usually drives me crazy. I got mine cut shoulder length last week because I couldn't stand pulling my hair out my shirt everytime I had to change. I also hate it falling in my face. My hair was super short when I was pregnant with Meike. Trust me it doesn't look good when you face blows up. I had to grow it out after that.

#65558 - 04/28/04 08:58 AM
Nicki4you

Reged: 04/27/04

Oh yeah, I let my hair get long just to get it chopped every time!! When it's long, I can't wait to cut it, and when it's short, I wish it would grow out. Ahhh the joys of being a woman! Good luck and hope you can get the style you want. Hope your hair grows faster than mine if you don't like it!!

#65559 - 04/28/04 08:59 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Thanks LS! I'm actually going to stop back at the salon tonight to have her take a little more off the front!! Its basically a cute litte bob right now but when I tuck it behind my ears to keep it out of my face, its too heavy around my checks! It looks pretty cute but its still touching me!!! I am really tense and stressed right now and I just can't deal with one more thing! That was the point of cutting it! It falls to the spot where my neck and shoulders met so its still kinda long. I'm going to keep the leagnth, just take some bulk out of the front and maybe add a small bang. I hope I don't regret it but long hair isn't worth the stress its causing me!! I just wish I could get myself under control!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#65598 - 04/28/04 09:58 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Michele, I'm so jealous of you right now!!

I'm dying to cut my hair short so bad. I hate having hair in my face, blowing in my face and sticking to my lipstick/gloss/balm/whatever, stuck under my purse strap, stuck in the seatbelt, etc.

I'm keeping it long for the wedding, then it's getting wacked off! I'm so pathetic - my hairdresser asked me to save pics of hairstyles I like for the wedding to bring in when I get my hair done. I haven't got any for that, but I've got 4 already for the after cut.

So, where's the pic of this new do?

#65627 - 04/28/04 11:09 AM
LauraSue

Mags,
My mom got her beautiful long dark hair cut short on her HONEYMOON!! My dad never forgave her! So just make sure HTB is in on the plan, okay? (ps they lived happily ever after even tho my mom never had long hair again.)

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

OH MAGS!! new
      #65637 - 04/28/04 11:22 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I'm keeping it long for the wedding, then it's getting wacked off!

Shane's reply via email.......

Quote:

Tell Mags she can't do that.......it's fraud!!

--------------------

#65648 - 04/28/04 11:35 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi,
I just had my hair cut - just a little bit to cut off the dead ends and it does feel a lot better although it is still long. I have had it long for many years and have thought of cutting it "short" many times but always chicken out. Having it long is so easy because I just brush it and pull it back with a clip. Wearing bangs and neat earrings make it a little better for style. Maybe one of these days I will take the plunge!

Barbie

--------------------

#65663 - 04/28/04 11:50 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

don't listen to Shane!!! join us over here in the short hair section!!!!

that hair in the lipgloss thing BITES and it's one of those things men will never understand... they'll never know how mightily annoying things like that are!

--------------------

#65666 - 04/28/04 11:55 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

that hair in the lipgloss thing BITES and it's one of those things men will never understand... they'll never know how mightily annoying things like that are!

He was kidding...... it is a guy joke...... ya know....long hair until they are married and then chop chop.... it happens a lot after woman have kids too. Guys just have fantasies about long hair (sick men that they are).....hehehe just playin!

--------------------

#65667 - 04/28/04 11:58 AM
LauraSue

Quote:

Guys just have fantasies about long hair

Yup, that was my dad's problem -- something about wanting to see her dark hair spread out on the white pillow... but that was like too much information for me at the time -- ew!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#65694 - 04/28/04 01:03 PM
*Melissa*

LS, bigtime EW!! That is way to much info from the dad!! LOL

But, it really made me laugh. Does anyone else do that - bust out laughing loud like a big dork sometimes reading these boards? Thank God I'm home alone and my dog's outside so no one can hear me! hehe

Oh and HTB knows something's up, but quite know for sure I'll do it. He's the typical guy that likes the long hair on women. He'll get over it - or file for divorce!

Re: OH MAGS!! new
      #65695 - 04/28/04 01:05 PM
*Melissa*

Quote:

Quote:

I'm keeping it long for the wedding, then it's getting wacked off!

Shane's reply via email.......

Quote:

Tell Mags she can't do that.......it's fraud!!

LOL - Shane is too funny! I can't wait to meet him in LV. I have a feeling you 2 will be too much fun to hang out with!

#65696 - 04/28/04 01:07 PM
*Melissa*

Quote:

Jen, I LOVE your hair on you, but I don't know if I can be that brave. How is the ol' jerk filter working for you anyway? Any cute boys yet?

#65722 - 04/28/04 02:27 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Michele, I'm so glad to hear someone else say they hate having their hair touch their face! I very rarely wear it down for that very reason, and after seeing all the people with in-your-face hairdos all around me I was beginning to feel like a freak.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#65740 - 04/28/04 03:23 PM
LauraSue

Mags, I think we all burst out laughing like that at times. Yesterday, Jenx had me laughing so hard with her joke of the day pictures (you know the airplane that said fart, etc) that I was gasping for breath! I'm surprised nobody called 911!

My hubby does it too. There's a comic strip he likes called Pooch Cafe that he reads online every morning. He has a particular guffaw that I call his "Pooch laugh" because when I hear it I know he must be reading Pooch Cafe. I can literally hear him 3 rooms away!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 377 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 951

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review