All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help!
      #61884 - 04/16/04 11:38 AM
geisha

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: NJ

Hello Everyone. I am new to this site. I have IBS with constipation. I am really hoping someone can help me! (I think this site is wonderful!)
I just wanted to find out what others are doing to stay regular (if that is at all possible!) besides changing their diet. I have been taking citrucel and my doctor has me on Zelnorm. It seems as though Zelnorm does not work all of the time for me and I can go a long time (almost a week) before I have any movement. Sunday I took a laxative to give my system some help and I was in so much pain several hours later. It worked, but I was bleeding and cramping for almost a full day later. I called my doctor and he told me to stay on liquids until the bleeding has stopped. The bleeding stopped Tuesday morning, but I have not been able to go since then. The cramping finally stopped yesterday. I am up to 12 Citrucels a day. I have not taken my Zelnorm this week because I wasn't sure what it would do and I was afraid I would I would start bleeding & cramping again...any suggestions? Has this ever happen to anyone before?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help! new
      #61897 - 04/16/04 11:56 AM
JuLee

Reged: 03/23/04
Loc: Flushing Queens NYC

that is a lot of citrucel wow!

ok...first off, the diet makes a HUGE difference. unfortunately its not something you can say..."besides that" about...sorry.

but....I have C too...when it gets really bad, i lay down with a hot water bottle and drink hot strong peppermint tea. or do some yoga...its AMAZING how that gets your bowels moving. I take 3 fibercon a day and drink water like its my job close to 16 glasses a day. this diet takes a little while to work on us C-ers...it took me close to 3 weeks and i'm still not 100% but i feel myself getting there.

are you following this diet as well?

#61899 - 04/16/04 12:03 PM
geisha

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: NJ

yes...it is a lot of citrucel and I feel really bloated.

I have been following the diet now for about a month...so that is why I am asking... I was wondering if there is more I can do. I drink a minimum of 3 liters of water a day as well. This helps occasionally...

Thanks for the great tip... I do pilates 3x a week, but I will definitely try the hot water bottle and peppermint tea... I have not done that yet!! Thanks so much!!!

#61901 - 04/16/04 12:12 PM
JuLee

Reged: 03/23/04
Loc: Flushing Queens NYC

they relax your muscles down there so it should help a good deal.

good luck..let us know how your doing!

#62417 - 04/19/04 05:16 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Just wanted to check that you've had a colonoscopy (and so been diagnosed properly)?

Are you keeping your insoluble fibre intake up? Make sure you get lots of soups and smoothies, as well as insoluble veggies AFTER soluble fibre.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7146 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 691

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review