View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Advice for D?
      #58547 - 04/06/04 04:15 PM
Lilybear

Reged: 04/05/04
Loc: east coast, usa

Hello There,
I've read the information, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips for D? Like what should I eat after I have it? Sometimes I don't have the strength to eat, but I force myself so I can have energy. I started keeping a diary to know what triggers the attacks. Any suggestions are truly appreciated.
Lilybear

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Advice for D? new
      #58551 - 04/06/04 04:42 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

I try to start off light with toast or graham crackers. Sometimes dry cereal is good. Lots of peppermint tea helps and I also drink lots of water. As a last resort I take an Immodium but then I sometimes end up a bit constipated.

Have you tried fiber? I take the Acacia every day and it's been a blessing in controlling the D and the C.

For Lilybear.... new
      #58561 - 04/06/04 05:10 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

First off, I'm sorry you're "a D." Me too. Well, I'm an A (but mostly D). And diarrhea SUCKS.

I always revert back to What to Eat When You Can't Eat Anything when I have diarrhea. That's my bible. And I understand what you're saying: the last thing I feel up to is eating when I'm sick like that! But you know you need to and this list contains the safe and tolerable stuff!

You're new to the boards, right Lilybear? Just wanted to mention that you may have more luck posting questions about specific IBS symptoms on the Diet board instead of here in the Living Room (where we mostly goof off and escape our IBS for a while ). You may want to repost over there so you get more responses and hints!

Get well!

--------------------

#58672 - 04/07/04 03:14 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Herbal tea brewed good and strong (I have Chamomile) and something yummy but super-safe. Warm soy milk with a dose of Acacia stirred into it is great to start you off. Settles my tummy right down.

#59100 - 04/08/04 09:01 AM
Lilybear

Thank you Linz for replying to my post. I'm going to buy some tea and am in search of where to buy Acacia. I'm starting to realize this is a daily process, and am going to try better.

Re: For Lilybear.... new
      #59101 - 04/08/04 09:05 AM
Lilybear

Hi jenX,
Yah its no fun to have D. Mine's just been getting more challening and I want to see a GI doctor. The doctor that I have been seeing just tells me to stay on the meds that I've been using, and gives me Imodium. But I want a lifestyle where I don't have to rely on meds all the time bcos they have side effects. Thank you soo much for the link!! I guess I must have missed it but I have printed it out. I'm starting to follow it and it has helped:) Yes, I'm new to the boards. Thanks for the tip, and I'll post my questions in the right place:) Have a good day!

#59103 - 04/08/04 09:09 AM
Lilybear

Thank you Debby for your reply:) I'm glad I have support here on this website and message board. I am following the advice you listed. At first, I was not sure how to go about my diet. I take fiber in the form of veggies, fruits, and breads and citracil. But when I have D, I just stick to the fiber diet. I didn't know otherwise until now. And sticking to it didn't always help. Now I know that I need to incorporate a different diet when I have D. Thanks again.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3561 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 946

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review