All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
EBBS AND TIDES OF THE BOARD new
      #355918 - 02/17/10 05:03 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I was thinking back to a few other big fights that happened here in the past. One when I started was about smoking. It got heated and someone got mad at me for denouncing smoking even though it is IBS unsafe. I recall other ados over the years. I new group of posters tends to bring on new dynamics that don't always mesh, but I don't think the boards are above and beyond unfriendly right now. I notice bad attitudes, and not always who you might think with the bad attitudes.
I think things will calm down. No reason to get underwear in a bundle. I hope no one chooses to leave forever!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: To those thinking of leaving new
      #355933 - 02/18/10 04:41 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Hey Hawkeye,
Your post was really great. I go back and forth about the boards, but a lot of that has to do with me getting stable. Now that I feel OK, I don't "need" the boards in the same way I used to! I just had a moment reading a post on the Diet boards where I was reminded of how sick I was. It helped to give advice and that's what the board is all about!
Anyway, I just really have such respect and admiration for all of you that were there for me when I had such a rough time. I've been on these boards for years, even though I didn't post much. It was such a comfort knowing I could talk about anything and everything here with supportive people to listen! Thanks for the reminder of what the boards mean to me!
Aly

--------------------
IBS-A

Re: To those thinking of leaving new
      #355935 - 02/18/10 06:21 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Hawkeye -
I have not been on this board in a very long time. I don't know what all has been ging on, but if you have found in the past that the people here have given you hope and encouragement then I really don't think you should leave

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

Re: fancymom new
      #355938 - 02/18/10 08:03 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Hey fancymom nice to see you around here again.

the Boards seem to cycle with new people joining all the time and sure enough...we don't all get along.

I joined a couple years ago and there were moments then when it got heated too..i come and go but boy do I miss all my IBS friends from back then!

How have you been doing??

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#355962 - 02/18/10 03:47 PM
fancymom

Hey dragonfly!!
I have been doing "ok" thanks for asking!! How are YOU?

I have been struggling with gluten intolerance. At least, I THINK it's gluten intolerance, but ezekiel bread still doesn't bother me, so I am now beginning to think it's yeast that is exacerbating all my nasty symptoms. Also, I just gave up sugar for 2 weeks. I felt awesome, but MAN that was sooooo HARD. I never realized how addicted to sugar I am!! It's pathetic. I thought about it 24/7.

Great to hear from you! Glad your still here. Are you doing ok?

--------------------
FancyMom

#355977 - 02/19/10 05:32 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Glad you are doing ok I hope that changes to a great!

I could never give up sugar.OMG that would just KILL me!!

Did you find that it helped you?

Have you been tested for gluten intolerance?

My symptoms aren't that bad anymore.I have learned that my IBS is related to my stress level.Not the everyday stresses but emotional stress from stupid people ticking me off!When I ignore them...I'm fine!! Yay!!

Other than that.Everything is ok too.

Nice to see you around again!
Take care!
Chris

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#355983 - 02/19/10 11:42 AM
fancymom

I hope that changes to a great soon too!! If we could sell our house, it would instantly be a GREAT!! HA!

I definitely think my IBS is stress related too. I have not been tested for celiac, or a gluten sensitivity - but I KNOW I have it!! I had some regular bread yesterday, and hadn't had ANY gluten for about 5 months and was feeling awesome. About 30min after I ate it, I got a raging headache, and my abdominal cramps started up. I have been MISERABLE ever since!! I can NOT get my tummy to calm down! That's the last time I do that!

I'm sure I'll see ya around here...Take care dragonfly

--------------------
FancyMom

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2813 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9260

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review