All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
just need some hugs...
      #348684 - 08/03/09 06:28 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

It's been a rough week. I spent a day and a half in the hospital for stomach pains and vomiting. They think it was just a really bad IBS attack. (and I mean REALLY bad)....
So since I had so much pain meds, I have been taking colace the past few days and then today I woke up in really bad pain. I've been just feeling crappy and had to call of work again.
Ever just have one of those miserable days? Today is one of them... I feel like I'll never get better!

--------------------
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: just need some hugs... new
      #348685 - 08/03/09 06:41 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Sorry to here your so sick. Hang in there! Good vibes and hugs sent your way!xxxxxxxx
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#348686 - 08/03/09 06:45 AM
Aly

thank you! you're so sweet!

--------------------
IBS-A

#348687 - 08/03/09 07:37 AM
goldiloks72

Reged: 07/28/09

Hi Aly,
I am sending you BIG hugs and lots of good ju ju. I know what you went through all to well. I have been dealing with the same violent episodes you just described on and off since Oct 2007. The first couple to few times it happened we thought it was food poisoning. My husband brought me to the e/r in May of 07 because i threw up 4 times. I have been through all the major tests except a colonoscopy which is tomorrow. The doctors can't find anything and keep saying that I have IBS. I know the frustration, the fear and the pain.
I am thinking of you,
Julie

#348689 - 08/03/09 07:53 AM
Aly

Thanks. I know I used to be sure all of my IBS attacks were food poisoning until the last few years. I finally can admit that IBS can be HORRIBLE! This attack really was the worst. I was throwing up every 15 minutes from the pain... ugh. Don't even want to think about it.
These boards really do give me some comfort knowing I'm not alone in this painful condition.

--------------------
IBS-A

#348690 - 08/03/09 08:22 AM
Runs No Fun

Reged: 12/02/08
Loc: Long Island, NY

{{{Aly}}}

Here's wishing you a speedy and complete recovery!

--------------------
Saul (IBS - D)

#348692 - 08/03/09 10:52 AM
goldiloks72

Wow Aly. I am sorry you are so sick. Maybe the doctors are right about me and all these violent episodes have been caused by IBS. Are you feeling any better? When I have a violent episode with vomiting I am usually wiped out for the next couple of days.

#348702 - 08/03/09 03:17 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

hugs!!!! As requested. Hope you're feeling better soon!!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#348703 - 08/03/09 03:58 PM
Aly

I hear ya--I'm wiped out! I mean, I got out of the hospital last Thursday! I went to work for about 4 hours today which was the most I could do. (I do have a very physical job running around with kids) I've rested all evening and am planning on staying comfy on this couch!
I feel a bit better, just really off. Hoping my belly can get back on track since I was doing SO well!
But yes, the severe attacks for me are my IBS. It only happens every 5 yrs or so, but when it hits, it knocks me over!
Thanks for your kind words.

--------------------
IBS-A

thanks new
      #348867 - 08/09/09 06:53 PM
Aly

for the hugs...
It's been another bad week. I'm back in the hospital now actually. I was vomiting again fri morning and felt horrible so I can back in and am now finally being treated instead of just sent home.
I have gastroparesis, or delayed gastric emptinyg, so they're trying me on reglan to see if it helps over the course of a few days. we'll see. i'm cautiously optimistic.
oH, and funny story. the nutritionist came to see me today and boy could I have taught him a thing or two! I was SO much more knowledgeable about the diet for IBS and gastroparesis. I especially loved the part when he tried to describe the difference between soluble and insoluble and I ended up giving him an example. LOL
Hope you are all having good belly days!

--------------------
IBS-A

Re: thanks new
      #348869 - 08/09/09 07:10 PM
goldiloks72

It is scary what these professionals don't know. When I had my colonoscopy last week they told me that I have hemorrhoids and I should be on a high fiber diet. My husband and I chuckled because I keep our diets rich in both types of fiber!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 868 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3771

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review