All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Where did I go wrong?
      #343403 - 03/18/09 09:56 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Ughh.... another screwed up day because of my bowels!!!!!! I didn't do anything wrong. Maybe it's stress. I couldn't sleep well last night. Maybe it was the canned, processed soup I ate last night for a last resort? We had nothing to eat, not even crackers. I'm so upset, how come I always get an attack? arrrggghhh. Just needed to vent a little. I have on a cute shirt that's not so cute anymore with a basketball under it!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Where did I go wrong? new
      #343404 - 03/18/09 10:10 AM
butterbean

Reged: 01/25/09
Loc: California

It very well could be stress or the soup. Need to see what was in the soup for anything that could have triggered an attack. ((hugs)) If the soup has more IF in it than SF than can cause an attack too. It is hard I know because we are all different in how our bodies handle IBS. I get frustrated when I do everything I can to avoid an attack and get one anyway.

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

#343411 - 03/18/09 01:36 PM
Kappy

Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement. Fiance picked me up for lunch today. We went to eat chinese food, I got the steamed vegetables and ate mostly rice. I feel bloated and sick to my stomach. I just want to go home! I think this new med that my GI has me on is making me gain weight too. All I want to do, all day, is eat and eat some more. That's not good for the IBS. I can't seem to control my hunger.

--------------------

#343416 - 03/18/09 02:32 PM
butterbean

Reged: 01/25/09
Loc: California

What medicine does your GI doctor have you on?

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

#343440 - 03/19/09 08:04 AM
Kappy

It's Elavil. It's a low low dose of Amytriptyline, an antidepressant. He said it's for the pain caused from IBS. It takes six weeks to really work, and I'm on week #5. I am ready for it to kick in, too. I have to take one before bed time and it makes me sleep really well, very deep sleep. He said if I don't think it's working after week 6, I should increase to two before bed time. I'm kinda worried about that, cause I can barely wake up now! Also, the weight gain, I have to fit in my bridal gown in two months!!! I don't want to be a marshmallow man in my dress!!!!! I've gained about 5 pounds in the last couple of weeks, so before my next fitting, I have to at least lose 5 pounds. I can tell I've gained weight in how my clothes are fitting!

--------------------

#343468 - 03/20/09 05:08 AM
heartdream

Reged: 03/20/09
Loc: Rhode Island

HI All,
I'm new here... just sent for Heather's "treatments". Just started taking the tummy fiber yesterday.... and my diahrea is worse than ever... is this normal? I just want to give up! Want to go back to taking Immodium everyday like I used to do. Don't even want to eat anymore... because sometimes it is just not worth it! HELP!

#343470 - 03/20/09 07:05 AM
Kappy

Hi there, and welcome!

How much fiber did you start off taking? If you don't regularly consume a lot of fiber, you need to start off with a low dose of the Acacia fiber and work up to a higher dose over a few months.

Don't stop eating, it only exacerbates IBS symptoms like pain and bloating. It is worth it to keep trying new things, and trying to get your life back on track. As many people will tell you on here, there are a lot of people who have it much worse than us, and we are not going to die from IBS.

Stressing out will also increase IBS symptoms, and make it a whole lot worse. So don't stress out about your torn up tummy, try to relax. I know its hard, but try some yoga or some light exercise, and definetely try to follow Heather's diet. It will be the best thing to try to begin with.

Hope that helps, hang in there, sister! We are all in this together!

(((Hugs)))

--------------------

#343473 - 03/20/09 07:30 AM
Meower55

Reged: 06/24/08
Loc: Beaverton, Oregon

Welcome from me, too! Kappy's advice is really good. Definitely keep eating and don't give up. Someone here on the boards has a saying: My tummy and I are in a epic war; it won the battle, but I'm winning the war. --that's not an exact quote, but you get the idea - this is a long term event and you, too, can win it!

Try Heather's "What to Eat When you can't eat anything" list. It's really boring but it WORKS. Once your body's adjusted to that (& it doesn't take too long), you can expand one new food at a time.

Best wishes!

--------------------
Nancy

#343474 - 03/20/09 07:40 AM
heartdream

Hi Kappy,

Thanks for the response. I had 1/2t last night and 1/2t this morning. Last night I had the banana smoothie from Heather's recipes... but I had some chicken soup for super... I added rice to it... and I think it was brown rice... could that be the problem?

I do not eat breakfast... could that be a problem too?

It is almost lunch time here at work. I brought a toasted bagel and a banana... but do not feel like eating.

#343478 - 03/20/09 08:08 AM
Kappy

You really do need to eat breakfast, that is more than likely the problem. I eat about every 2 1/2 hours. If its not a piece of fruit or just some plain fat free saltine crackers. You need to keep food in your stomach so when you put something new in it, it doesn't say "hey, where did this come from? I don't like that, I think I'll punish my body for putting that in me."

A banana and a bagel might just be the thing to help calm your gut. Have you tried the teas? If you drink a glass before and after lunch, it might also help to calm the belly. I know you may not feel like eating, but you really need to even if you are scared. Try eating half of the banana or half of the bagel. I bet an hour after you eat it, you will be hungry for more!

I hope that helps! Sorry you don't feel well, I'm in the same boat with you too! I ate some grits that one of my co-workers made, they are sooooo good, but she forgot to mention the stick of butter she put in them!!! Now I'm not feeling well either. {{{Hugs}}}

--------------------

#343487 - 03/20/09 10:51 AM
heartdream

Hi Kappy,

Thanks so much for all your help. I know I need to eat breakfast... it is just a bad habit to skip it. That's because my lunchtime most workdays is at 1030, but I could have breakfast at 600 or 630 because I leave my house at 645.

I do like bananas too... and my store had them on sale this week. I bought two small bunches on monday and went back yesterday and got another big bunch. I froze some to make smoothies.

I do use the teas... I am a real tea-totaler... I bought the tummy tea from Heather.

Do you use the tummy tamer capsules?

#343488 - 03/20/09 11:05 AM
Kappy

I do use the tummy tamers some. I really don't see how they help me very much. I also forget to take them an hour before I eat. I still have bad spasms in my colon though, even when I do take them. I think I need to start taking them again, like I said, I just forget!!!

I would definetely eat breakfast even at 6. Once you start eating breakfast, your tummy will want it every morning, and your metabolism will get started for the day, and you will be hungry by the time your lunch roles around! Like I said, I eat every 2 1/2 hours! That's another reason it's hard to remember the tummy tamers!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6857 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3685

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review