All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Questions I Have about Irritable Bowel Syndrome
      #337621 - 11/01/08 04:33 PM
channing28270

Reged: 03/09/06

I am a 37 years old female that was diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome Recently I have some questions about Irritable Syndrome my questions are:
1. I have been feeling like my insides are cramping and feeling like they are running all the time with fluid does anyone else Feel this way?
2. How do you deal with insides Cramping and feeling like they are running all the time?
3. I am having a hard time with constant stools that are loose and Very Watery Diarrhea type How do you deal with the Loose stools and Very Watery Diarrhea Does anyone else have this?
4. Sometimes I get constipated How do you deal with the constipation?
5. Sometimes I have very severe cramps only Does anyone experience this How do you deal with Very severe cramps?

If you know the answers please message me.

CHANNING

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Questions I Have about Irritable Bowel Syndrome new
      #337622 - 11/01/08 06:05 PM
carol1968

Reged: 08/08/08
Loc: cornwall ontario,canada

yes i feel very crampy alot and have watery stools. immodium helps me but i also take a fiber tanblet..fiber con in the U.S. and iuse prodiem in canada. it helps regulate my BM's... also watching that you don't eat alot of trigger foods! taking my prodiem before i eat gives my stomach a coating..especially if i am eating out!

#337623 - 11/01/08 07:20 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi and welcome to the boards

Upping my soluble fiber and water intake as per Heather's diet really helped with my cramps, gurgling and urgent BMs. As has reducing my insluble fibre intake. Also doing yoga and power walking 20 mins a day really helps with the cramps. If I am feeling particularly bad I have a hot water bottle on my stomach or take a hot bath. I find walking and hot water bottles can have a immediate effect. Destressing is really important with IBS which is why excerise and other stress busters is important.

Peppermint tea also soothes the gut as do the pepermint caps sold on this site.

I've not taken any antispasmodic drugs but other's have found they help with cramps.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#337648 - 11/03/08 11:10 AM
shannon07

Reged: 10/21/08

before starting this diet I had severe abdominal pain, constipation, nausea. Once i started this IBS diet, it helped IMMENSELY!!! Just in the past few days I've laxed on a few thing and again I have abdominal pain. C/D, nausea. Its amazing what we eat truly dictates our digestive health.
So I guess in answer to your questions, yes, I experience most of them, but yes, there are answers and they lay in Heather's diet plan.
I use antispasmodics as needed, Bentyl is my favorite. I also use Reglan for nausea but my favorite is Ginger capsules for nausea and digestive health.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4669 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1514

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review