All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Dietician Help
      #333745 - 08/01/08 09:25 AM
pdmama

Reged: 07/31/08
Loc: Texas

Hi everyone, I am new to this posting thing so bear with me. I have had IBS for about 7 years and have learned to control my diet thru trial and error, mostly error. I still eat what I shouldn't alot though and pay for it. I am on several meds which help some. Lately I have been being more constapated and having a hard time with lots of headaches, nausea, muscle aches and always want to sleep. I live on frosted flakes and soy milk which I know is not good but it is the only thing that keeps me going. I have decided to seriously get back on the wagon and get to feeling better again. I have a friend at church who is a dietician and I sat down and visited with her about my diet and symptoms etc. and she is going to work on making a diet list for me of foods that are healthy and I can eat. If I get anything new that really seems to help, I will post it so that hopefully others can benefit also. I have learned a lot and feel better emotionally, just from reading some of your postings to each other the last few days. It's nice to know that I am not alone in this.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Dietician Help new
      #333761 - 08/01/08 10:20 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

My guess would be that it's all of the carbs and sugar making you so tired!! I don't really like meat much and don't digest beans very well - so I have a really bad habit of not eating enough protein too!

That would be great if you could post any advice you get! I have an appointment with a Nutritionist on Monday - I'll post as well if she tells me anything really earth shattering (though I'm not holding my breath!!)

--------------------
IBS-C

#333769 - 08/01/08 10:40 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Hey there, pdmama...and welcome!!

Some people have a very hard time digesting Soy. Actually, it is very bad for you!! And on top of that, the sugar and corn in those cornflakes. Well, it's no wonder why you feel crappy and tired.

Hopefully all will go well with your nutritionist friend and she can really help you out. I have done LOTS of research on IBS, as I am an RN and been plagued with this "wonderful" illness for 7 years now also.

Check out this link...it will REALLY help you!!

http://www.westonaprice.org/moderndiseases/restore_digestivehealth.html

The guy that wrote this is a genius! Love his articles! Also, he says you should give up soy and sugar 100%. Sounds like they are not doing well for you anyway!!

Just follow what he says and you will be WELL on your way to better health!!

Good Luck!

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

#333788 - 08/01/08 11:50 AM
Fen

Just an FYI, Ezekiel bread has soy in it

--------------------
IBS-C

#333811 - 08/01/08 02:13 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Fancy -
Thanks for the new website. I've read of him - I think through Jordan Rubin's books. So, it was neat to see one of Jordan's articles. I explored the site quit a bit, but look forward to researching more... Thanks again for the reference. ~ Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#333817 - 08/01/08 04:14 PM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Wow. Really?? Soy? Did not know that. Thanks, Fen.

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

#333843 - 08/02/08 04:24 AM
Fen

Yep - it contains sprouted soy

--------------------
IBS-C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 741 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2075

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review