Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
a great day and not so good night
      #331411 - 06/21/08 10:50 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Hey all,

I'm writing to share a little bit of good and a little bad - I had such a good day today! Spent the entire day and part of the night at a music festival with my daughter. We had a blast. I felt very free of my normal obsessive thoughts over getting sick, and my stomach was fine all day in the hot sun. I felt really good. Sometimes I get a glimpse of what I could be like if I weren't phobic - maybe still with ibs but not obsessively worried all day long. Problem is, that being phobic, when I have these feelings of freedom from worry, I tend to freak out later, which may be where I'm at now. we stayed much later than planned which meant eating not so ibs-safe food from vendors. (which makes me nervous as well because of being phobic, I hate eating from food vendors- restaurants are tough enough for me to handle sometimes.)

Now its 145am and I can't sleep with what I have to admit feels like ibs. (Its truly hard for me to say to myself (as Aly posted) "its just ibs". Because I get panicked that it isn't ibs because of my phobia of throwing up. I spent the past 30 minutes scaring myself, but I'm coming around to the idea that this feels pretty familiarly in ibs territory (cramps, d, queasy, and a gurgling stomach with each inhalation is my most common combination) an am calming down a bit. Anyone else up tonight? I won't be sleeping for a while I don't think....

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: a great day and not so good night new
      #331412 - 06/22/08 05:40 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Morning Hawk,

Hope you got some rest, sorry your ibs is acting up. But, congrats on having a good day!!! HURRAY!! See, one small step at a time.

Sorry, I was not up last night. I think you'd have said I was comatose. We started digging our house for weeping tile yesterday, plus had 26 tons of topsoil delivered! Yes, I feel like the backhoe ran me over this morning. I was asked by my chiro and massage therapist NOT to do any shovelling. HA HA HA Um, yeah, that didn't quite happen. I had to help move the pile that the backhoe brought out of the hole as we are using our neighbour's driveway and want to keep the dirt contained from their doorways. Plus when the topsoil arrive (for re-landscaping the rest of the yard) I was busy moving that off of our driveway - I did 20+ wheelbarrows full before I caved in and decided it was time to make supper. We worked outside until after 9 last night and we're getting geared up again this morning for 9 as the rain is delaying us. It's only the DH, me and my bro-in-law. And lots of work ahead for today.

Hope you're rested and your tum has settled. I'm off to done rubber boots and a rain coat!

HUGS!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#331458 - 06/23/08 10:23 AM
vettech

Reged: 06/08/08
Loc: ME

Well, I was up all night Sat. - I tried to eat some "real food" (Salmon and potato, vs. the bread, rice and water diet I've been on lately) and had indigestion, which of course caused me great anxiety, thus... no sleep.

--------------------
IBS-A and GERD since 1983
Low FODMAP since 2012

#331460 - 06/23/08 10:50 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Sounds like a really fun day. I love those feelings where everything is right...and that I'm a 'normal' person. Although I seem to always think "If I'm good now, I'll probably be bad tonight"...it's so hard to break those thoughts.
And about my post, at the time when the pain, cramping, nausea, etc... is happening, I can't say "oh, it's my IBS, it'll pass" until it really has passed. I'm still working on that. Blah.
Sounds like you're therapy is helpful, but boy does is sound extremely emotionally trying. Hang in there and I hope you see some fabulous results soon!!

--------------------
IBS-A

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3822 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1479

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review