All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Gift advice needed
      #329212 - 05/01/08 03:19 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

The DH and I will be celebrating our 2/10 anniversary in June. 2 years since we were married, 10 years together (yep, planned the wedding for the same day as we met - less to remember!)

He says he doesn't want anything I can afford. We need a new tv - our 32 inch blew up 2 months ago. We have an 11 inch now from my university days! Besides the tv, he wants welding torches, which I cannot afford. And parts for his motorcycle that I can't afford either - rims and suspension. He doesn't wear watches or jewellery. Sometimes I have to remind him he owns a wedding ring (doesn't wear it to work or on the bike). And he doesn't want clothes. He's not a sports fan - we only watch sports that involve engines and tires! (not Nascar either). And he's not the athletic type either.

Last year I got him a card. He didn't get my anything. My grandma gave us roses and my mum bought us gift certs for our favorite Chinese restaurant.

What do you give your hubby or significant other? Husbands out there, what is the best gift from your wife? (besides nooky!)

HELP!! I've got one month, I need some advice!

Thanks all!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Gift advice needed new
      #329219 - 05/01/08 05:42 PM
ColbySD

Reged: 06/09/03
Loc: San Diego, Ca

We don't do the gift giving in my house. On our anniversary we play favorite things.
We each make a card to give to the other person which lists all the things we want to do that day. The other person then tries to fulfill the wishes.

Example of some are:
french toast for breakfast
time alone in the bathtub (no interruptions - kids, pets, phone, dumb questions)
eat out a favorite place
not having to run any errands
a foot rub
we also try to be as nice as possible to each other that day, and remember not to take advantage of each other in our marriage....at least for a day

I know it's kinda weird, but it helps us remember why we love each other and why we are friends

--------------------
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.
--Bern Williams

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4229 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 780

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review