Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hello...
      #329195 - 05/01/08 09:13 AM
collissimon

Reged: 05/01/08
Loc: Leics, UK

Hi,

Just come across this board and wanted to say hello. I've just been given a diagnosis (by exclusion) of IBS, so have been rooting round different sites, and this looks like one of the best (I tried the Gut Trust, but am distrustful of anything that wants to charge £24 to help me out!).

Anyway, I'm going to read some more,

cs

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hello... new
      #329196 - 05/01/08 09:16 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hello and Welcome! Sorry to have to meet you under these circumstances but glad you found us!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#329197 - 05/01/08 09:57 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Welcome! There's a wealth of information here as well as some wonderful people who are going through the same things. You're gonna like it here.

#329204 - 05/01/08 12:58 PM
collissimon

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome! I'm still getting my head round this IBS thing, so I'm going to apologise in advance if I ask some stupid questions! Also, double apologies for my Britishness, as that will inevitably lead to some weird words your way!

I'm not sure if my IBS is typical. I suffer from a lot of discomfort when I eat irritating food (which I'm still working out) and bloating. This sometimes stops me sleeping. I also have a lot of burping, and sometimes heartburn. At the minute I'm taking Colpermin (which is peppermint oil in a hard shell).

OK, that's probably too much information for a second post!

#329205 - 05/01/08 01:17 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Just remember...the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked. Feel free to ask anything here. That's what we are all here for...to give each other support and advice or suggestions when we can.

#329213 - 05/01/08 03:30 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Welcome!!

And no, there's pretty much an unwritten rule - you don't need apologize for offering to much information here - we're very open and understanding.

Sounds like you have reflux - does the peppermint tab help or hinder it? I have a hiatle hernia and peppermint doesn't bother me, but kills my mum who also has HH. I don't suffer from bloating, so unfortunately, I can't offer much advice there. I'm A - both diarrhea and constipation. (You'll see people post they are A, D or C. A is both, D is primarily diarrhea, C is primarily constipation.)

And I love your Britishisms. I have a few friends in the UK and there are quite a few here on the board as well.

The best thing to do is read a lot - poke around the board - the Diet board is where we discuss foods, the fitness board, well fitness, and the living room is usually off-IBS topics and chats. Ask questions! Someone is bound to answer.

Have you started on Heather's diet? I, like most people here, found it extremely helpful. And I've done the hypnosis cds twice. It may take you a while to adjust and become stable, but once you have it all figured out, it really works.

Welcome aboard! Good luck and hugs!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#329245 - 05/02/08 09:52 AM
collissimon

Hi Toady and Nugget!
The Colpermin works quite well, it doesn't stop all of the reflux, but it does help with the discomfort in the lower tract. I also sometimes take Ranitidin (sorry, these are probably the British brand names) to deal with my stomach/heartburn.

I've started introducing elements, in order to work out what triggers stuff. I got rid of milk this morning, and have started with oats milk, which tastes quite nice (better than soy milk, which I thought tasted horrible!). Artificial sweeteners are on their way out too, and I've started drinking herbal teas rather than cordial/squash. I'll have to see if I can get the book on amazon...

Thanks again!

cS

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 821 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1742

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review