All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
maybe newbie but need some advise first!!
      #327870 - 04/06/08 12:20 PM
crystalrose

Reged: 04/06/08
Loc: Derby UK

just found this website and started on Aricia powder to see if any help for me.. just been here to research about the diet especially fibre..
I dont know if I have IBS yet because Doctor is USELESS!! daying there nothing wrong with me and give me some laxatives which should sort me out! I dont want to keep taking it forever..
I have been what you called Constipation for years.. sometime with pain sometime no pain.. thats for 15 years and I do feel bloated, especially when i eat food like some bread, most pasta and milk...

what test do you take to confirm you have IBS?? I have not had any test, I have taken home testing for Gluten allregy which was negative.

help would be grateful!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: maybe newbie but need some advise first!! new
      #327888 - 04/07/08 05:18 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

A good GI doctor should determine what tests you need. Most of us have an abdominal ultrasound, colonoscopy, abdominal CT scan and extensive blood work to rule out other problems. Some have other tests such as an endoscopy (upper GI). I am surprised that foods that bread and pasta cause you trouble when you are not gluten allergic??? It may be that the bread is high in high fructose corn syrup (most store bought bread does contain this). Also if you eat pasta with cream sauces the dairy in the cream sauces may be the problem. I can't eat too much tomato sauce so that may be a problem for you too. I am D instead of C but even before you get your tests you should read as much on this web site as possible and try to follow the diet. Keep us posted on your progress.

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1861 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 970

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review