All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
just need to complain
      #327160 - 03/25/08 12:47 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Hi friends. I get so much comfort on days like this by coming to the boards and reading.
I'm dealing with a bad belly on top of more female problems. I recently had a really bad period that wouldn't end and was put on provera for 10 days. I'm on about day 5 and started spotting and having serious cramps.
Then my belly started acting up and is cramping and hurting. I can't even tell which is it--period pains or my belly!
But it isn't fun and I just needed to complain. And to top it all off, I'm still on an antibiotic for a sinus infection!!!
My poor digestive system!
So, it isn't a great day for me and it was a stressful day at work to top it all off. I'm just thankful I could leave early.
How's everyone else? Ever just have a day where you want to curl up and never leave.
And I couldn't sleep last night..lol
I'm just a barrel of fun today!

--------------------
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: just need to complain new
      #327162 - 03/25/08 01:36 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Hey there, sorry to hear about all your troubles! Have you considered using probiotics while you're taking the antibiotic? An antibiotic REALLY messed me up a year or so ago, but once I started taking Bio-K along with it, the antibiotics didn't bother me at all. You have to space them apart by several hours, but it works!

Hope you are feeling better!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#327168 - 03/25/08 02:46 PM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Sorry to hear you are going through such a crappy time! I'm fighting off a cold myself, and today I am C again and AF has arrived with all her crampy goodness just to top it all off. LOL!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#327172 - 03/25/08 03:10 PM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

I am sorry to hear all that Aly! I too was just put on an antibiotic for an infection and am dreading taking it. And it is my time of the month which seems to make IBS worse?? Ugh, I feel for you. Curling up in front of the T.V with a blanket and a good movie is a good idea! I hope you are feeling better!

Stef

#327176 - 03/25/08 03:52 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Yikes!! You're having a bad day too!! So am I and most of my office. (grouchy boss!) My SIL especially (we work at the same firm), and I gave her a hug; she requested chocolate. The hug didn't cut it. So at lunch I ran into the bulk store and picked her up some chocolates. She was happier after lunch.

I'm sending you comforting chocolate thoughts too!!

HUGS!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#327192 - 03/26/08 05:12 AM
Aly

hang in there too! Antiobiotics certainly aren't fun, but somehow I haven't had it too bad. My stomach just feels a bit off, but I haven't had any D from it. I think my probiotic might be helping that!!
Anyway, have a good day and hang in!

--------------------
IBS-A

#327193 - 03/26/08 05:12 AM
Aly

thanks everyone. I'm doing better this morning. I'm off to work now, but believe my probiotic is helping me get through these nasty antibiotics!!!
have a good day!

--------------------
IBS-A

#327212 - 03/26/08 09:57 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Aly, glad you are having a better morning. I, too, had an IBS day from He** yesterday and it's letting up somewhat today.

Keep taking the Align and let us know how you are doing. Believe me, I understand the need for a cyber hug/comfort. This is too hard to do on our own!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#327282 - 03/26/08 05:11 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Hang in there Aly. I also had a really bad ibs day yesterday. Doubled over in pain and explosive D. My own fault though. Ate too much Easter candy and other bad things, but darn it I can't be good all the time. It is comforting to know other people understand what you are going through.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1479 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2239

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review