All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Can anyone help?
      #314630 - 09/05/07 09:09 PM
Dragonmonkey

Reged: 09/05/07

Hello, I'm 27 years old and have had IBS since I was 13. When I was first diagnosed I was told as I got older the IBS condition would improve (not disappear), however, it has got worse. Originally 'trigger' foods were carbonated drinks, foods with harsh colouring in them, high fibre bread/cereals etc, however, over time I can no longer have dairy, pork sometimes sets off an 'attack', foods that used to be my 'friends' can sometimes now set off an attack with no reason. I am off to see the doctor next Wednesday as having the runs and being in pain often is starting to wear me down, but I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on why this would be happening. I have also started drinking mint tea and cut down my meat consumption (not that I ate big amounts before) in the hope it would improve. Any suggestions is welcome.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Can anyone help? new
      #314632 - 09/06/07 12:45 AM
Mother Rose 1234

Reged: 09/01/07

(((((((dragonmonkey))))))))
I am sorry you are in such misery.
I can relate with you so much.

I have been having the same type problems.
even though I have solved most other ailments I've had.
Just today, I have been having diarrhea too.

It's frustrating everytime I eat I feel the urge to go.
and I am eating IBS safe ACID REFLUX safe foods
Foods that never bothered me before.

Have you been having a lot of stress lately?
Perhaps very life altering events?
I know that stress can set me off big time.

- Mother Rose
mother_rose@verizon.net

#314644 - 09/06/07 09:10 AM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

You should read through the website and start following Heather's recipes in her Eating for IBS book and perhaps get the IBS The First Year book. There's also an IBS Cheat Sheet on the website that will tell you what foods should be eliminated altogether from your diet and one of them is definitely red meat (beef, pork, etc.)

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#314689 - 09/06/07 05:58 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Welcome Dragonmonkey,

You have come to the right place and BendeeWendee is right - read, read, read - there are tons of posts on what to eat, what not to eat, triggers, etc. Check out the stickies on the diet board. They are an excellent place to start.
As to why all of a sudden something bothers you, we only wish we had the answer!! Stress, how much sleep you had, what else you ate and how much you ate, and hormones all affect your IBS. Unfortunately, as I got older, my IBS got worse, not better. I'm starting to get stable again now, but it has taken over a year.

Try the diet - start with the Break the Cycle - soluable fiber - and see how you feel. It helps me when my tum acts up for a few days. I also keep a supply of Immodium in the house and in my purse just in case.

Welcome, you've found a great place. And best of luck!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 602 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1374

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review