Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
newbie....
      #310598 - 07/06/07 10:16 AM
Jennifer67

Reged: 07/06/07
Loc: Maine

thank goodness for this site!

Questions....after giving birth to my daughter 8 months ago, gastric symtoms have become worse. I always had a bit of difficulty with some foods (I thought)...but now I believe I have IBS.

I went to my GP who gave me a blood test for celiac, crohns, collitis...all, the doctor said, came back fine. She told me to take fiber.

As of late my symptoms seem worse. I have had 3 episodes where I barely made it to the bathroom (D). It is unnerving, and upsetting. I feel 100 years old. In addition, after these episodes I get consipated for the next few days. I have abdominal cramps and just a feeling of tired and unwell.

Can I ask how did you all get a firm diagnosis?
Can you put this in remission on the diet in the book?
How many of you are in remission?

I am trying to just be well for the baby and family!!

Thanks so much for Heather, and all of you.

--------------------
IBS-D, stay at home mom of a beautiful daughter...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: newbie.... new
      #310601 - 07/06/07 10:47 AM
Melanie07

Reged: 07/05/07

I'm a newbie too. Have same story as you, & am using fiber & Heather's advice. When I have a bad day, I use one immodium-which is about once a month. When ever I have an attack, I take two fiber caplets right away to build my system back up. Also, it might be your hormones-they might not be back to normal after baby. When my hormones are out of whack, so is my stomach. Good luck.

--------------------
IBS-D "spastic colon"

Re: newbie.... new
      #310604 - 07/06/07 12:26 PM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

I understand what you're saying about feeling like you're 100 years old... I have problems with sphincter control because of a paralysis condition I had as a child - add to that IBS-D... I think it's great to have good rules for how and what to eat. I follow this diet since last summer. I also need loperamide (which is the active substance in for example Imodium) on a daily basis to keep my bowels slow. Hang in there. It will get better.

I had a blood test for gluten intolerance done and was also checked for lactose intolerance. They also checked for blood in the stool. Everything was normal. Since I still had problems and lost a bit of weight they did a colonoscopy and also a test for bilesaltmalabsorption but everything was normal.

I haven't tried hypno yet but I will do that later. Right now I am waiting to get surgical treatment for my sphincter control issues. I think it will be much easier for me after I have had that taken care of.

I can recommend a book on cognitive behavior therapy for IBS that I am working through right now. It's called "Breaking the bonds of irritable bowel syndrome" and is written by Barbara Bradley Bolen. It is really good.

Welcome to the boards and good luck!

/Ulrika, IBS-D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4788 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 704

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review