All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
A Letter to my GI Tract - (if it could read, that is) - well, it made me laugh anyway
      #306563 - 05/04/07 04:13 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Dearest Gastrointestinal System,

We started our relationship together on good terms. I ate, you processed, things moved on. You worked with me as I began to eat my first solids as a baby. You dutifully digested meats, cheeses, fruits, vegetables, fried food,and anything else I could think of to send your way. We enjoyed outings at the beach. We went camping together. We danced and rejoiced as children. We even discovered boys together without a flutter from you. But then something happened. You slowly started to resent me. You set yourself against helping me to pull nutrition from the most basic foods. You hurriedly pushed all foods through me as though you were late for some other important event. You grew ever angrier with me for no reason I ever knew of. You rebelled. You turned, twisted, contracted, and threw away everything I offered to you in an attempt to appease you. For years this went on. I tried to tell others of the horrible beast now living within me and no one believed me. They said I was overreacting. They questioned my mind. They told me I was making you up. Then, finally, I took matters into my own hands. I searched night and day for weapons to use against you. I fought you when you made every effort to take my quality of life away. I took away all of your tools of destruction. I took away carbonation first. That was always your favored weapon. Then I took away dairy. Then went the alcohol, red meat and fried foods. Now you were starting to listen. But to my dismay, you still had the strength to fight against me. And I thought that perhaps I should resign myself to a life of you reigning over me. No more would I leave the house on a whim. I would give up attempting to have any kind of romantic life. I would go without movies, beaches, restaurants and road trips. You would win. But somewhere inside of myself (no doubt you were trying to pooh it away) I found the little bit of strength I had left to fight you and headed out for one last hoorah. I found the artillery I needed to force you to take your proper place as my GI tract. Acacia fiber put a real damper on your day. But when I introduced you to my friends L-Glutamine and BC, well, I could feel you paralyze in fear. You fought on, though. You weren't about to give up that easily. And then I found your silver bullet. Hypnotherapy. Since that time you've attempted to break through and wreak havoc on my insides. But I always get you under control. Our relationship passed on from being functional long ago. You are now my own, personal, functional dys-function. One day, when I pass from this world and onto whatever comes next, I'm gonna eat ho-hos until they come out my ears and you won't be able to do a darn thing about it. So there, sucka!

With love,
The body you have so mercilessly attempted to blot out of functional existence and failed at

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

LOL!!! new
      #306577 - 05/05/07 03:11 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I love it.

Re: A Letter to my GI Tract - (if it could read, that is) - well, it made me laugh anyway new
      #306580 - 05/05/07 04:13 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

That's great But in my case I'd say mine is greedy and doesn't want to let anything go that I give it :P It likes to take the food and hold on to it for dear life. And sometimes it likes to act childish and blow bubles :P

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Re: A Letter to my GI Tract - (if it could read, that is) - well, it made me laugh anyway new
      #306598 - 05/05/07 09:24 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Love it. Heather should put it in the next newsletter.
Mine is greedy like Mary V.'s. Other times it plays games with me, like "let's see how much I can hold on to and how long I can hold on to it."

Did you ever hear the joke about the Boss of the Body?
short version:

All the body parts wanted to be boss of the body and all had a reason (brain was smart, eyes could see, etc.
Then the A-hole said it wanted to be boss. The other parts laughed and thought that that was ridiculous.
Well, the A-hole stopped working. Soon, the brain got weary, the eyes were blurry, the hands shook, the leggs wobbled and so on.
Which proves, You don't have to be a brain to be boss, just an A-hole.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

#306602 - 05/05/07 10:53 AM
LanieLynn

Reged: 05/02/07

I love it! That is so something that I would do! Write a letter to one of my organs! LOL!!! I always saw my IBS as bitter. A very bitter little person inside of me making trouble...
Lori

#306612 - 05/05/07 02:36 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Ha ha! AMEM TO THE HO-HO"S AND PIZZA!
Emmamom
ibs-c

HA HA!! I love that joke. Thanks. nt new
      #306620 - 05/05/07 04:04 PM
hohoyumyum

--------------------

#306662 - 05/06/07 02:53 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Wonderful!! did you author this? If so, you should get it published!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Yes, I did. new
      #306668 - 05/06/07 04:32 PM
hohoyumyum

I was sitting around thinking how great it would be if I could divorce my colon. It just spun into this instead.

--------------------

#306746 - 05/07/07 03:37 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Yup, mine fits into this category, too!

Thanks for making it possible to laugh at something that's such a PITA.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#306792 - 05/08/07 08:04 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

Girl, that was awesome!! Well said sista!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

#347255 - 06/17/09 12:39 PM

Unregistered

omg! I'm going to print this and fram it,I think.

#347281 - 06/18/09 10:09 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

THAT is very funny!!!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#347413 - 06/22/09 02:08 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

I've been away for awhile, but when I read this, it made my day...thanks for the smile
Blessings! Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3596 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5002

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review