All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Ack, now I have strep throat, just shot me PLEASE!
      #291813 - 11/29/06 11:02 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

So, I have been fighting this stupid cold crap thats been going around for about 3 weeks. I thought I was finally getting over it yesterday and I started to feel more sick again, as in flu sick not toxic drug sick! My throat hurts SO bad, I couldn't even swallow this morning. I had my tonsils out when I was 5 but the back of my throat was all red with white spots this morning.

Sure enough, I went to the clinic and they said strep throat. My temp was also 100.1 which the doc was amazed at because of the steroids, I guess they suppress your temperature so he said its actually higher. He also said I was dehydrated, well duh, having D 20 times a day will do that.

So, I got some antibiotics and some lomotil for the D. He wanted me to go to the hospital because of the dehydration and temp and my blood pressure was real low, which is unusual but I refused. I just can't deal with the hospital right now. I got my scripts and some soup. Once I know the soup isn't going to run right out the other end, I'll close up the office and go home early.

This also means that I can not do my weekly injections of humira or methtrexate. Lets hope that doesn't send me into a big flare next week. Ugh, what else????

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ack, now I have strep throat, just shot me PLEASE! new
      #291836 - 11/29/06 01:09 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Something good has got to happen to you soon. You have been through so much crap that you are due. Good luck and I hope you feel better real soon.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Re: bIG HUGS, honey! new
      #291838 - 11/29/06 01:21 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Oh, man. I am so sorry, dearest. I hope you feel better soon. 2 more days of work and hopefully you can get some rest. If you get worse, promise me you'll go to the hospital, K? I'm worried about you. If you can't tolerate the soup, just try some plain ol' broth. Ice cubes are also great.
XOXO, A.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Oh, for heaven's sake. I am so sorry to hear this, Michele. (m) new
      #291840 - 11/29/06 01:27 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I don't know which doc you saw but if it wasn't the one who has you on the mtx, maybe you should call his office and let him know what's going on.

Go home, stay warm, and feel better.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Ack, now I have strep throat, just shot me PLEASE! new
      #291867 - 11/29/06 03:11 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

This is ludicrious!! You definately qualify for a rant now!
I think we need to put you in a bubble where no germs get at you, no-one can step on your feet, where there is a friendly pharmacist awaiting your every command!!
I sure hope that you don't have a flare because you have to skip your injections. I honestly can't believe how much you have to deal with and yet you're still at work! They should name a superhero after you!

Love and hugs!!!!

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: Poor thing! new
      #291894 - 11/29/06 04:53 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

My 8 year old had strep a few weeks ago. His temp was at one time 104! I was a WRECK! His throat was sore but not super sore which was good. He slept A LOT though. REally knocked him down energy wise. Got an antibiotic and he was much better within 24-48hrs. Hang in there! YOu'll feel better real soon.
P.S. Get yourself some yogurt if you can handle it. The antiobotics might kill your belly and if you are already D, you need to get the good bacteria back in there with yogurt!!
Big HUGS Michelle. HOpe you are feeling better real soon!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Thanks everyone new
      #291966 - 11/30/06 08:01 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I went home at 2 yesterday and went to bed. I slept from 3 yesterday afternoon until 8 this morning! Can you believe I am still tired? Made it to work this am but doubt I'll make it until 6. We have patients scheduled all day tomorrow so must be better for that.

I did call my rheumy and let the nurse there know whats going on and she said do not take my injections as well. The consequences of that are yet to be seen!

I'm all for the bubble idea! Not sure if I caught this from someone or if my immune system is just shut down from all the drugs. The lomotil seems to be working well though. I had 2 rounds of D this am and took one and it stopped within 10 minutes!!

My girlfriend is going to bring me some soup for lunch in a couple of hours and we are going to look at hair magazines. I hate to cut my hair but I'm not sure what else to do at this point! I've spent the last couple of years letting it grow but its thinned out so much. Trying to decide if I want to go above the collar or try and salvage some of the length and go shoulder length?

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

*HUG* I'm so sorry to read this.. new
      #291971 - 11/30/06 08:22 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Michelle- if I was a bit closer I'd have brought you some of the turkey soup I made last weekend...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Thanks everyone new
      #291975 - 11/30/06 08:41 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm glad you got all that sleep and thank goodness for Lomotil. I hope you can get away early today, too, and get still more sleep.

I'd go shoulder length with the hair to start. You can always go still shorter if you don't like it but it's a little harder to go longer.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 753 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1348

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review