All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: chick lit.... try....... new
      #288810 - 11/02/06 12:41 PM
susieannah

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: sussex, england

I read confessions of a shopaholic, have any of you read anything by Celia Aherne she's a 25yr old Irish woman and her books are going down a storm here, I can utterly reccomend 'P.S I Love You' made me laugh and cry! Fab book!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Michele new
      #288821 - 11/02/06 02:24 PM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

Hi Michele,

I'm a huge Sophie Kinsella fan! I've read all of her books. I was hooked once I read Confessions of a Shopaholic. Can you Keep a Secret was my most favourite of hers and Undomestic Goddess was also great.

I love those kinds of books they're so fun...just imagining all of the shopping and luxurious clothes My Mom has lent me Bergdorf Blondes but I haven't really had much of a chance to read it with school and everything.

Anyway just thought I'd let you know that all of Sophie Kinsellas books are great except Shopaholic and Sister (the 4th in the Shopaholic series is a little lack lustre in comparison to the others).

Enjoy,
Jenn

Re: Michele new
      #288824 - 11/02/06 02:40 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm so excited! I saw the shopaholic series but only had money for one book so got the Can you Keep a Secret and I've already read 100 pages! I can'tbelieve I'm reading fluffy girl books but they ARE fun! Just what I needed right now!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Be verwy, verwy quiet.... new
      #288847 - 11/02/06 04:14 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Shh... Don't want to disturb the board!

First I'll respond to Michele,

Hmm.... I've been moping about all week. Still working, wishing I could be at home having attacks here rather than at the office.
Sunday I was in a craft show with my girlfriend. Between a combination of too much standing Sunday, and back to work Monday my foot swelled up like a balloon. And my incision split wide open. Monday night was spent at emerg. I can't put any pressure on my foot - back on crutches I go. Then, because the foot feels like lightening is striking it over and over the tum is not happy. Attacks every morning for 3 days, attacks at work, attacks after supper, in the middle of the night. And I had been doing awesome with the hypno. I can't be away from work because the bosses will freak. I'm hanging in there for the weekend.

Books: I'm reading Tolkein right now - The Two Towers. And Motorcycles for Idiots is beside the bed too!

Your experience at Borders: I'm very happy you made it!! And I'm happy you can laugh at yourself. I'm just sorry you had an attack!

And the other questions... A few answers.

If you were a character in a movie like "Jurassic Park", would people take one look at you and know that you would probably get horribly killed in the first half hour?
- I wanna make it out of the theme park!! But I'd probably be killed off by a pteradon or something!

If you could legally become a bigamist with anyone who would it be?
- one husband is enough for me!!

If the Cosmetic Surgery Fairy came along and offered you one wish what would you change?
- my thighs - it is the only place I can't lose weight

If you were the patient-of-the-week on "House", what do you think they would initially misdiagnose you with?
- Heaven knows!! Hypocondriac likely!! Then I'd make them run blood work my dr. won't!

If you were Barbie, would you marry Ken?
- Uh, no, no, no. Besides, he has the worst hair!

If you had to pick one song that you completely loathe, what would it be?
- Right Said Fred - I'm to sexy

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: Michele - another author recommendation... new
      #288859 - 11/02/06 06:22 PM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

Hi Michele,

Have you ever read any Nicholas Sparks books? He wrote The Notebook. Anyway, I've read 4 or 5 of his books and they're very good too if you like to read romantic, sappy books every once and awhile. I particularly enjoyed the Notebook, the love letters he writes are incredible! Sigh...the book was way better then the movie too but lets face it most books usually are.

Have you read the Harry Potter series? I've read books 1-4 so far and have 5 and 6 waiting for me on the shelf. The kids at school are all a buzz about the Lemony Snicket series so I think I might pick it up this summer and give it a try.

Jenn

Re: yeah, it's really slow around here ... new
      #288863 - 11/02/06 07:10 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I love me some chick lit! Jane Green and Jennifer Weiner are good for that stuff, too.

If you were a character in a movie like "Jurassic Park", would people take one look at you and know that you would probably get horribly killed in the first half hour? You betcha.

If you could legally become a bigamist with anyone who would it be? Hmm. Do I have to like him or just sleep with him? If I have to like him, I might go with Sting or maybe Brad Pitt or Nick Lachey. If it's just for...you know... I'm going to have to go with David Beckham.

If the Cosmetic Surgery Fairy came along and offered you one wish what would you change? I'd get my hairline lowered so I could finally go without bangs.

If you were Isabella in "Measure for Measure" would you have slept with Angelo to save Claudio? Haven't read it since about 1998, so I don't know. Are we talking about saving someone's life? I might.

If you were the patient-of-the-week on "House", what do you think they would initially misdiagnose you with? Ha! Overactive Brain Disorder.

If you were Barbie, would you marry Ken? Ken's gay, so absolutely not!

If you had to pick one song that you completely loathe, what would it be? Any of the ridiculous, repetitive, uncreative misogynistic numbers that make up most radio hip-hop. If I have to pick on someone in particular, I'll go with 50 cent.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#288867 - 11/02/06 08:39 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

ohhh Nicholas Sparks is my favourite. I have all of his books. I haven't read them all yet because I can't put them down and stay up all night. Not a good thing to do with everything I have going on right now. But yes definitely recommended by me as well

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#288883 - 11/03/06 06:09 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

I just finished his book "At First Sight". I LOVED it!!!!

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Re: Have a laugh on me..... guess who? new
      #288901 - 11/03/06 08:48 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Hi girl me sheila I sing when i get cramps like that! your right who else can we tell! take care! ~ Sheila xxxx

#288912 - 11/03/06 10:43 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'll be sure to add him to my list!! Thanks!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3471 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3251

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review