All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Re: Whee! Dad's coming home today! new
      #287954 - 10/25/06 08:20 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

I'm glad your dad's getting out of the hospital,and I hope the chemo goes well.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Whee! Dad's coming home today! new
      #288003 - 10/26/06 09:26 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Yay! I'm so glad. I hope that his health improves, as well as your stepmother's. I'll continue to keep you all in my thoughts.

(Okay, so how is the house haunted? You can't just say something like that and not explain.)

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Bumps in the night new
      #288073 - 10/26/06 02:29 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Back a few years ago, I lived here for 9 months post-divorce, while I was getting back on my feet. Some of the things I experienced while here:

The sound of the window shutters banging closed, like they were being slammed, but they hadn't moved at all.

A cutting board in the kitchen flew off the wall - horizontally, it didn't just fall - and landed on the other side of the kitchen.

Screams in the hallway in the middle of the night.

Sarah, when she lived here alone, often heard footsteps up and down the stairs, too loud and "heavy" to be one of her cats.

Dad was always skeptical and told Sarah and I that we were being silly girls, but he admitted to seeing/hearing 2 ghosts talking to each other in his bedroom a few weeks back. Incidentally, his bedroom now is the room I stayed in when I lived here, and somewhere on my computer at home I have a picture of a strange "swirl" floating around the room.

We don't know anything about the history of the house, but it's about 150 years old, and there's a section of the basement that's kind of walled off, and we can see stuff behind it. It's tempting to have the wall torn down, but Sarah's a little afraid of what might be behind there, LOL!

I think it's neat, really, but it's a little unnerving when you're here alone at night.

Re: Bumps in the night new
      #288136 - 10/27/06 06:36 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Creepy!! I was never big on staying home alone when I was younger, I just got too spooked out even though nothing odd ever happened! I think I would have peed my pants if something moved or I heard foot steps!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 199 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3101

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review