Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: What's on your Christmas list this year? new
      #28864 - 11/25/03 06:38 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Jen,

I just have to say you have the BEST sense of humor! You always make me laugh!

-<3-
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#28880 - 11/25/03 08:09 AM
Morven

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Scotland,UK

I would love a new watch,as mine is getting past its best,but i asked mum to mention to the family that we want vegetarian cookbooks!! I think its a sign of age!!!

--------------------
Morven

Barb and Ruchie new
      #28987 - 11/25/03 03:44 PM
Shanna

Reged: 11/15/03
Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA

The other night it got down to 25! brrr! But I am sure it will be 75 again in a week. Austin weather is sporatic, but it can get very cold. Also, I will be in Madrid all winter, which is pretty dern chilly... so i will definitely need to purchase a jacket. To top it all off, I am a BIG sissy, so when the weather drops below 60, I complain.

Barb -- Austin IS fun, I agree! I love the greenbelt, shoal creek, town lake, whole foods, central market, zilker park (the lights and tree are fun!), great restaurants, the laid back people, good music venues, and (of course)-- UT! I live right by campus, across from Trudy's. Nevertheless, I would take loved ones over Austin anyday. Home is truly where the heart is.

Ruchie -- do all orthodox Jews not give presents for the holidays? The b-day jacket sounds nice... I bet you got a lot of joy from giving it to him! I am like that, too... I would rather give then get!

--------------------
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -- e e cummings

#28993 - 11/25/03 03:58 PM
mickeymouse

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Canada

I want a new pair of binoculars and a new fleece jacket...I find that I cannot get enough jackets (and shoes of course)!

#29028 - 11/25/03 10:35 PM
kickyfast2

Reged: 09/16/03
Loc: St. Louis, MO

A Nikon N55 35mm camera. Finally going to follow through with my hobby of watching wildlife!

-Anne

Re: Shanna and Ruchie new
      #29035 - 11/26/03 02:49 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Wow Shanna it already got down to 25 degrees!! Yes that is cold and I do remember some of those cold days. Zilker park was one of our favorite places to take our boys. They looked forward to the train ride.

Our favorite date night was at the Oasis. I miss Whole Foods and the Central Market at lunch time. What I miss the most is how friendily people are.

Ruchie Texas can get cold and snow, but usually in the Panhandle (northeast Texas). Austin doesn't get snow, but does get freezing rain. My oldest son's preschool brought in a large pile of snow every winter for the kids to play in.

Ruchie thanks for asking about Nursing School. After completing my CNA class I am now on a one and half year waiting list to get into Nursing School - thanks to budget cuts.

I applied for CNA positions at two hospitals in my area and one hospital has a "Nurse of the Future Program", which will pay 100% of my schooling. It will cost around $10,000.00 for a two year RN program. It will great to be debt free.

Jenni and her vaccuum! new
      #29046 - 11/26/03 06:17 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I heard on the radio this morning that you aren't supposed to vaccuum up pine needles? I don't know why...but I think they said it makes it stink?

I really am not sure how you are supposed to get rid of the pine needles then...they never got to that part...But just a little FYI for ya! LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#29048 - 11/26/03 06:56 AM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

Lana Marie: A dustbuster????? You poor girl- a couple of kids will fix that!!! I hate housework!!! My favorite Christmas gift was my Kitchen aid mixer, so I shouldn't talk!! I want a bearded dragon lizard-they are originally from Australia and we had one for almost 6 years-they are very gentle and like to be around people!! I still miss Cliff-he died this fall!

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

Re: No problems vaccuming up pine needles!!! new
      #29049 - 11/26/03 07:06 AM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

I've never had any trouble vaccuming up pine needles-but I love the smell of them anyway!! My husbnd mentioned buying an artifical tree YUCK!!!! Maybe in 20 years when I am 60!!!! Maryh

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

Re: Jenni and her vaccuum! new
      #29067 - 11/26/03 08:45 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

They do stink - but it's worth it to get those darn needles up! LOL The windows will probably already be open since the guys are going to be lugging the Christmas tree up the stairs and setting it up (they don't know this yet.. LOL).. and they always reek of cigarette smoke.

Thanks for the reminder about opening the windows though!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 546 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5452

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review