All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Positive signs I've seen from my windows today....
      #276744 - 08/02/06 12:00 PM
nuggs1968

Reged: 06/26/06

Ok...even though I'm stuck here at home feeling crappy, tired, sick of feeling sick and tired, and laying around doing hardly anything at all surfing through the horrible daytime TV...I've seen a few amazing things from my windows here at my home today as I lay around.

I was eating some toast at the kitchen table when I looked out to finally see a hummingbird on a feeder I put out for them. I've been trying to attract them to our home for a few years now. So today I finally saw one. She (or he) was also checking out our beautiful hollyhock flowers.

Then I was laying on the couch watching "Cash Cab" and saw a monarch butterfly flutter past the window. Monarchs always remind me of my late uncle. After he passed away we saw monarch butterflies everywhere we went. They were one of his favorites.

OK...back in the kitchen. I looked out the window a little while later and saw a flock of seven pelicans gliding on the air current high above our back yard. That's right! Pelicans in Wyoming!

All this is kind of coincidence....last night my brother called to check on me and we got to talking. He told me about how he's learned to notice the little things more now...like butterflies, etc.

What have you seen today?
{{{hugs}}}

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Something else to add to the things I've seen today......SNAKE! new
      #276768 - 08/02/06 03:28 PM
nuggs1968

Reged: 06/26/06

My dogs were barking and they wouldn't go out the garage door. So I looked out the window and heard a hissing sound. I hurried and put the dogs in their room off the garage and sure enough there was a snake right at the doorway. We have a walk-in door next to our big door and that is where it was. About a foot from coming in. The snake was about 2 feet long. I looked it up on the internet and it was a Bull Snake. Totally harmless!

Re: Positive signs I've seen from my windows today.... new
      #276774 - 08/02/06 04:48 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

that's so great. since i've been at my mom's recuperating i've seen deer several times (including babies), and flocks and flocks of bluejays - they've got a ton of them here. of course, my mom's house is sort of smack in the woods, so none of this is surprising, but it's still pretty neat. and i've been watching lots of cash cab, too. i always keep an eye out for it in the city. no luck yet - maybe next season.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Positive and negative day... new
      #276805 - 08/02/06 07:34 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I went out for a ride with a friend. It is her first year riding too, and she has a lot less experience than I do, but it was great to see the smile on her face at the end!! I gave her a couple of pointers about throttle control and speed limits, and she accepted my comments gratefully. I am far from a "good" rider, because I lack years of experience that some of my other friends have, but it is nice to pass on what I know to someone too!

Sadly, my assistant just called. A fellow rider we haven't been able to identify yet, was killed tonight by a guy not stopping for the stop sign. She was a witness, poor thing. She is so upset, and I don't blame her in the least. She was so worried it was Thomas or I, but relieved when it wasn't, but saddened when the man died practically in her arms.

Life is fragile.

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 201 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 820

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review