All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
prescription IBS medication combined with Heathers Tummy care
      #274628 - 07/18/06 06:40 PM
peanut67

Reged: 07/18/06

I was diagnosed IBS C by a gastro MD who prescibed Zelnorm for daily use and also belladonna/phenobarb 3/4 per day on days that attacks were worse than normal.
This diagnosis was some three months ago and after many, many tests, scans, colonoscopy,thyroid tests,blood tests ,ultra sounds, colonic transit study ,etc ,etc,etc. and all of these after suffering IBS symptoms on and off for some 6 years.

I began taking this prescription medication two months ago and found that there was little difference in my symptoms.
When I ordered the products from Heathers Tummy Care for IBS including the First Year IBS and Eating for IBS as well as soluble fibre products and teas I began taking them and using them alongside the prescription medication .I found that at first my IBS seemed to calm down and although my stomach was still a little swollen it was not as bad as before. I also started the IBS diet at the same time and cut out all of the foods that were shown as " trigger " foods.
I also looked on another web site and read about a product that had only been available in Europe "Digestrin" which had apparently given very good results for IBS sufferers in Europe.
I ordered their pack of product for a six month supply and started their course of tablets and liquids as instructed on a daily basis.
This product combined with the IBS diet, special tea's and soluble fibres in powder form really did seem to help and within a seven day period my swollen stomach along with the constipation seemed to almost disappear .
At the same time that I started on this course of "Digestrin"etc I also stopped using the prescription medication which had not seemed to be of any use whatsoever even for the eight weeks that I had been taking it.
Everything seemed OK for almost four weeks when for no apparent reason within the last few days the symptoms seemed to have returned.
My stomach is swollen again and even after eating the smallest portions of IBS diet foods I find my stomach will swell as though I have eaten a hugh portion of " trigger " foods.
It seems that no matter what I do or use ,prescription medication , all of the IBS C recommended products , a strict IBS diet and this new product " Digestrin " I only manage to have a few short weeks of relief before it flares up again.
I have another appointment in three weeks at the hospital and MD who prescribed the Zelnorm medication but I must say that at this time I don't know what to do next as it seems that nothing seems to work for more than a few short weeks.
I will keep the appointment out of desperation and I will continue with the IBS diet and Heathers tummy products but I really don't know how to break this cycle of attacks over such a short space of time.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: prescription IBS medication combined with Heathers Tummy care new
      #276118 - 07/28/06 12:34 PM
sophiejay

Reged: 07/26/06
Loc: England

hello, i also suffer from ibs c and bloating even after small amounts of food i still end up looking pregnant! I was wondering if maybe your attacks and c were worse when you were stressed out in general maybe at work or at home, my ibs is always worse when something is upsetting or stressing me. Maybe you need to see a therapist or just try to eliminate stress and see of this helps. hope u r well hang in therexx

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 637 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 291

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review