View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Weddings
      #26611 - 11/11/03 06:10 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hi Mags (and Morwen?)

How are the wedding plans going? I went and talked to the people who are going to make our cake last week. That was fun! Though I'd better be stabilised by the time of the wedding or I won't be able to eat my own cake!

I also got stuff to make the invitations (I refuse to spend hundreds on bits of paper!) so I'd better get galvanised. We're going to send the invites out realy early as it'll be holiday season and people won't get accomodation if they leave it to the last minute. How early do you guys think is normal/okay? The magazines said 6 weeks! This seems nuts. No-one would come!

I'm trying to persuade my Mama that she should buy a super-dooper hat. We adore hats and I think she should really treat herself. It's so much fun!

Anyone freaking out yet?

Love Linz

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Weddings new
      #26620 - 11/11/03 08:15 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hi Linz!

I was wondering about what kind of cake I'd have too - how do you have a safe-for-IBS wedding cake? LOL Let me know what kind you end up getting.

We finally got our reception & ceremony cite, got our DJ, videographer & photographer, and I made my first appointment today to go gown shopping!! Yay! I can't wait! Finally, something fun to do!

I think six weeks sounds familiar for when to send out the invitations. They do have something called Save the Date cards you can send out really early as kind of a warning. I haven't gotten that far yet!

We did get this really cool place for a reception though. We're having stations. They have a stir-fry station that will have rice! I've got my own bathroom too. It's like an IBSers reception come true! LOL

Oh - did I mention we finally have a date? October 8, 2004.

#26622 - 11/11/03 08:31 PM
Linz

Yay! I love wedding talk!

I gave up on the idea of having an IBS safe cake - we're just going for what we want and ignoring my diet. It's going to be chocolate coated, with chocolate roses and summer fruits. Haven't decided on fillings. I just hope I can eat some without dying!

But if you can cope with dried fruit, you can get safe fruit cake. A bakery near my parents house makes some and it's delicious. Dairy free, low in fat, etc. Maybe you could find someone to make you a wedding cake out of it???

Your reception does sound like IBS heaven. The station idea is really trendy. We're going very laid back and are having a BBQ, so that means I get barbequed salmon fillets, fresh french bread, potato salad, prawn and veg kebabs... YUM! And the boys can stuff themselves on steak and sausages and I don't care.

I've done save-the-date cards already! We're getting married in the summer holidays and a lot of people could've been away. Plus it's the sailing season which is an added complication. I could never have had it in August as it would have clashed with so many things - regattas, races, the Olympics - that my half of the church would've been empty!

Have fun dress shopping. It is incredible wearing wedding dresses - my mum cried when she saw me in the gown I got! Be warned tho, some of them only look good on mannequins! Loads of the dresses I first tried on clung to every bump and hid all my good bits! My best friend is hardly big-boobed, but all the bridesmaids dresses she tried on squashed her flat! It was just like Gwyneth Paltrow in 'Shakespeare in Love', but not as flattering! Btw, Ruchie warned me away from bustles!

I just need to sort out my skin and nails now - they're in AWFUL condition!

I just thought...when you get married, I'll already be a Mrs ! Scary thought! But it makes me grin too.

Love Linz

#26645 - 11/12/03 03:48 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I think you can send out the invitation earlier than 6 weeks...although that is "standard." We sent ours out at least 2 months in advance for travel also...some folks had to change their trips to Europe because of our wedding!

Trying on dresses is so fun! My mom and grandma also cried when they saw me in my dress...it was such a mother/daughter moment!

Good luck in everything!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#26679 - 11/12/03 09:55 AM
*Melissa*

I like the sounds of your wedding cake better than a fruit cake! LOL Give me the chocolate! I've thought too that I'm going to be so good with everything else, I think I'll be able to splurge on the cake a little. While everybody's toasting champagne, I'll be toasting with my glass of citrucel! Definitely KIDDING!! LOL

Thanks for the tips on the dresses. I did plan on bringing plenty of tissues - had a feeling on that one! LOL I bet they have plenty there too. I'm going with my mom & one of my bridesmaids.

Yes, there are some 'funny' things you have to plan on. I can't remember if it was on theknot.com or weddingchannel.com, they even have on the checklist to whiten your teeth a month or so ahead of time! LOL

My dad bought me a digital camera so I will be able to take pictures when we go. I want to start making up a wedding page website, but haven't gotten to it yet. It's on the list! If I ever get to it, I'll let you know.

#26722 - 11/12/03 11:24 AM
Linz

The camera is a REALLY good idea. I took a Polaroid and that was great.

Re. teeth whitening...Some people think you should do the weirdest things before getting married ! I have a hard enough time rembering to cleanse my face before bed!

Have you thought about the honeymoon yet? We're going sailing on my parents boat for three weeks - I can't wait! We don't have much money, so we're really lucky that we're getting the honeymoon for practically nothing.

#26723 - 11/12/03 11:30 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

You know you found the dress when your mom starts crying when you put it on. You just know it is the right dress. I loved gown shopping.

#26829 - 11/12/03 05:19 PM
Linz

That is so true - it's what me definitely decide to get my dress!

#26989 - 11/13/03 06:14 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

We never got to have a honymoon! Enjoy it! The most we've had is almost a week off together...we're going to stay with my parents for a week...that will be our first full week together! I can't wait!!!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Honeymoon new
      #27347 - 11/16/03 05:48 PM
*Melissa*

Everyone keeps asking me that, and I have no idea what we're going to do. Chris has always wanted to try a cruise, so we may do that. If I could have my choice, I'd love to go to Hawaii, Italy, Scotland, or Ireland. I can't decide which I'd want most - I know Hawaii & Italy would tie first place, and Scotland & Ireland would tie second. But, Chris hates to fly, so I don't think we're going to do.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2725 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 948

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review