Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Christmas Cards?
      #26350 - 11/10/03 12:05 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Does anyone send out Christmas cards?

How about Christmas letters?

This year I am making Christmas cards...stamping my own and building them from nothing...I am very excited about it. I ordered my stamp set a few weeks ago and it just got here today. YEAH!!

But I am just wondering what y'all do for Christmas letters or what your parents did?

I have heard of people writing a mock newspaper article about their families. Etc.

I am doing "Don and Me in 2003, A-Z" It will be what did this year from A-Z. But trust me - it's alot tougher than I would have guessed. LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Christmas Cards? new
      #26355 - 11/10/03 12:31 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Your idea sounds fun. I have written Christmas newsletters since we were married. The past four years I have written it in the form of a poem and added photos. I print them out on our color printer. Everyone says they look forward to our letter. I finished this year's poem this weekend. Just have to add photos. I can't believe I'm this far ahead this year. I'm hoping to send them out on Dec. 1.

#26357 - 11/10/03 12:34 PM
Lana_Marie

That poem is such a great idea! How cute!

I am hoping to do something different every year..I am starting with the A-Z idea. I thought it would be the easiest...boy was I wrong!

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#26371 - 11/10/03 01:27 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I send out Christmas cards.. but not any letters. I figure those people I haven't talked to in a while will contact me when they get my Christmas card and I can tell them what trouble I've gotten into in the last year then. Plus that whole lazy aspect of me..

--------------------
- Jennifer

#26455 - 11/10/03 07:29 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Lana - you are either a Saint or have too much time on your hands. I DETESTE trying to finish Christmas cards. I'm just not really a card person. I only send cards back to those who send them to me and I might write in a quick sentence.
A lot of people do "form letters" where they fill in on their familys happenings. More practical but less personal.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#26468 - 11/10/03 11:50 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

I QUIT sending out cards a few years ago. (I figure I did it for WAY to many years as it was!) The folks I know who have email addresses get e-cards. Those who don't get phone calls, and the relatives who have internet access all get amazon gift certificates. How easy can that BE??? I sure makes for a stress free Christmas on me.

The only one that gets cards, and I do mean CARDS is my 96 year old mother-in-law. I make (with a Halmark card program) ALL her Christmas cards she needs to send out to everyone, appropriate to THEM and special only for them, from her. I address them and stamp them---then all she has to do is sign them and put them in the mail. She loves this "gift" I do for her every year.....
Kandee

--------------------

#26489 - 11/11/03 08:25 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I ALWAYS send out Christmas cards... I've never heard of a Christmas Letter?? Does anyone have one maybe from last year that they could scan in and email to me? I'd love to see it.... maybe we could do something like that this year?

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#26554 - 11/11/03 11:06 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

We always take a family picture and have it made into pre-printed cards. I don't have time for much else!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#26577 - 11/11/03 01:44 PM
Morven

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Scotland,UK

I'm a card sending girl! I always put on my christmas cd when i write my cards to get me in the mood! My parents still do the family letter thing to some folk,maybe when we are married i might start doing something like that,keep up the tradition! I'm so disorganised this year tho,eek!!

--------------------
Morven

#26658 - 11/12/03 08:35 AM
Lana_Marie

Hans,
I guess maybe I do have too much time on my hands LOL!

Shell,
You have never heard of the Christmas letter? My gosh girl? Do you live in a cave? LOL Kidding! All you have to do is just write about the things you did in the past year. Usually Jan - Dec. You may want to look back on your calendar...because it's tough to try and remember by memory!

Morven,
I think I will have to have Christmas music on while I am working on them...OOoOOHH I am so excited~

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#26665 - 11/12/03 09:08 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Oh I love it when you can justify putting Christmas music on again! Last Christmas, I was out in Colorado with my family, and one day, my Mum and I went shopping and as we drove back, through the snow and the beautiful scenery, we had Frank Sinatra singing White Christmas on the CD player. It was so cool. I love snow.

#26812 - 11/12/03 03:23 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Shell - go on google.com and do a search for 'christmas letter'. You'll see lots come up.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1462 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1356

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review