All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I think I've hurt my legs and could use some advice
      #258633 - 04/18/06 07:12 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Guys, this is really embaressing so I can't really seek advice elsewhere. I think I may have really hurt my legs but since I'm not athletic or all I could really use some advice.

Long story short, one of my "mental" freak-outs on the weekend resulted in me running through a cemetary in the middle of the night in my pajamas and ill-fitting shoes with no socks. I dont run ever. In fact, I haven't even been doing my regular walking since November as I can't afford a gym and just find it too darn cold to walk outside in the winter.

Anyways, my legs started to hurt immediately afterwards, but now they really hurt and it's been three days. I have a hard time standing up straight (I tip backwards) and just have this really bad ache in my ankles and shins. I know it could be shin splints as I've had those before, but this feels more serious than shin splints.

Also, I've got a bruise on both shins in the same spot and swelling. The thing that's concerning me is I just found out my estrogen level is really low...and while I can't remember for sure, isn't that what can affect your bone density? I get very little calcium in my diet and if my estrogen is low...could my bones be weaker? In which case, could this potentially be a small fracture?

Any advice would be appreciated...I hate going to the doctors if I don't have to but I'm clueless in this area

Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I think I've hurt my legs and could use some advice new
      #258727 - 04/18/06 12:30 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I would try putting ice on your shins and keeping your feet elevated. Try that for at least an hour and see if the swelling goes down. If the swelling comes back, it could be something a little more serious such as a fracture.
Hope you get better soon,
Kat

--------------------
Kat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 852 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 329

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review