All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
So stressed...I feel like my head is going to explode!
      #257939 - 04/12/06 05:49 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I don't understand why I just can't cope with this stress like a normal person, but I just can't. I am freaking out and there isn't even that much going on.

I was supposed to hear Monday about the status of my current disability leave (i.e. whether the letters from my doctors made the insurance company change their mind about sending me back to work)...I didn't hear from them. So every night I try and go to sleep and can't sleep because I'm so stressed out wondering if "tomorrow" will be the day. She calls this morning while I'm trying to sleep and I jumped up to get it hoping for an answer...and all she was calling to say was that "they hadn't decided yet".

I was so annoyed. So because I don't have an answer and they could potentially be cutting me off, I have to go down tomorrow to the ODSP office (Ontario Disability) to begin the application process (I've had the appointment booked for a month but was hoping it wouldn't be necessary because I was hoping the doctors would change the insurance companies position). So of course, I'm not prepared for the appointment.

So Scott and I had to spend the entire day going through paperwork finding the last 12 months of bank statements, credit card and other debt statments, tax statements, rent receipts, birth certificates...everything imaginable and now it all has to be photocopied before my appointment in the afternoon! Right after that I have a meeting with a different insurance provider (switching my car/house insurance to someone with lower rates) and then right after that I have a really important doctor's appointment. And all this with no sleep. I'm actually thinking about taking a Benadryl with my regular sedative tonight to see if that puts me out because I'm so darn exhausted.

So yeah, sorry for the rant but for some reason I'm just not coping. The thought of having to do so much tomorrow and not really knowing what's going on is just freaking me out. I can almost feel my cortisol rising...haven't been able to sleep, have been way hungrier than normal but am not allowing myself to eat because don't want to gain weight, it's just a nightmare.

A normal person could handle something like this right? I feel so pathetic.

Plus to add to things, Scott got what we think is a legitimate job offer Monday, but it was pending a reference check and criminal check and we still haven't heard back. They actually said "You have the job" but their personnel department would have to do all the checks. There is no problem with any of his references and he definately doesn't have a criminal record...do you think I should be freaking that we haven't heard anything? Or does it just take awhile to do these things?

Sorry for going on and on, just feels good to get it out sometimes.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: So stressed...I feel like my head is going to explode! new
      #257964 - 04/13/06 02:18 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Kelly,
that sounds like a lot of work and very stressful. We recently applied for a mortgage and it took soo long to get all the forms together, a pure nightmare. Hopefully once today is over things will stabilise more for you.

Don't over stress about Scott's job- it's probably that the Personnel people are just swamped or some of his reference givers are away so proving hard to contact etc. A job offer is always good news. I think I would have Scott phone them today to see if there is any news.

Hugs, hope you did get some sleep last night.

--------------------
S.

#257980 - 04/13/06 06:06 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Hey! Sounds like you and I should be stress partners! Sorry things are so hectic, but I think I'd be stressed too. Funny thing is, I get stressed like that too when it seems like things shouldn't be so crazy. You're NOT pathetic, just anxious for answers and direction. That's very normal!

I'm waiting to find out if DH will graduate on time, wondering when/if he'll get a good job, will we be moving this summer or later in the fall? My entire life is about to go upside down and backwards, and all I can do is wait. Times like this really cause me to stay in prayer and trust God to help me know what to do while I wait. It's hard, but these times come to us all.

Hang in there!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#257989 - 04/13/06 06:37 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Kelly, give yourslef more credit. No, I don't think I;d be handling it much better. It's a very stressful thing and on top of that you have to rush around to get everything photocopied.

Just try to think positive. It is actually very beneficial to your health. You'll get everything done and no matter what the outcome is tomorrow, you'll be able to deal with it.

#258001 - 04/13/06 07:48 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh sweetie, I'd be stressed too! Especially with not sleeping! Do you guys have Unisom? Its an OTC sleeping pill here and it works pretty good. Even if you take it just once in a while to get a good nights sleep, it might help you be able to deal with things a little easier. I know when I haven't slept well, I get very overwhelmed very easily. Hugs and Love

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#258047 - 04/13/06 01:08 PM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

I`m like michelle, when I don`t sleep. plus my ibs gets worse. I try herbal sleeping tablets, a hot bath and a hot drink....Might help you sleep? Try not to worry about things....HARDER SAID THAN DONE...I hope everything gets sorted out.
keep smiling.
hUGS.
Jo

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

You're not a weirdo! new
      #258223 - 04/14/06 03:37 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

That's what put me over the edge last summer! OH my goodnes, the government telling you you're not good enough, you're a liar, you're not sick enough...over and over, and then denying you money, is SOOOO stressful.....

I hope you forget it this weekend and they get back to you tuesday. I hate not working. it makes me insane.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#258287 - 04/15/06 07:17 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Don't let your head explode. It'll make a hell of a mess.
I know what you feel like. When I had to do a business paln to get a loan a few years ago it nearly broke me. Then when I lost the business and my apartment was sold I did break. That is why I am living in a rest/retirement home. The thought of a homeless shelter in a strange city put me over the edge. If you are really scarey stressed go to an emergency room. Have your BP checked and maybe they can give you something. I really hope you feel better. Stress and panic attacks are the worst.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

#258337 - 04/15/06 02:11 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Sounds like a lot of stress. And that messes with us more than we know. Don't feel pathetic. You're not! Whenever I get overwhelmed with everything I take a step back and look at it as if it's someone elses problem. It allows me to put it into perpsective and think out a plan. And please eat something. Our brains and bodies work much better when they have fuel. I don't think there are any normal people. And in my experience most people have trouble handling most things. Take a deep breath and remember that it will all be okay.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2590 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1390

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review