Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Need some advice...strep or allergies?
      #251818 - 03/12/06 01:24 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Guys,

I feel really lousy and could use another opinion as to what might be going on. Long story short, I have really bad allergies for which I've been taking a good over the counter allergy medicine. However, the medicine is expensive so I've gotten a referral to an allergy clinic to see if I qualify for the shots which are covered by the provincial health plan and will save me money.

My appointment is on Tuesday so I had to stop taking ALL allergy medicines yesterday. Since then, I feel like crap. My throat really hurts...mostly on one side and is very difficult to swallow. I've also been struggling to breathe. I had to use my ashtma inhaler last night for the first time in like a year.

Problem is, I was in the ER for 6 hours Friday night with my fiance because he fell and injured his back, so I could have theoretically picked up something there.

Does this sound like it could all be allergies? Or maybe strep? Or something else? I just don't know what to do. I could go to an urgent care center (less serious than the ER) and have it checked out, but I feel so lousy I don't want to leave the house or get out of my pjs On the other side, the trouble breathing is making me nervous because my inhaler is very mild and I'm worried it may not be enough.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated,
Thanks,
Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need some advice...strep or allergies? new
      #251819 - 03/12/06 02:15 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

If you're having trouble breathing you need to go get it checked out. That's very serious. I hope you're okay. Let us know what happens.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 987 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 335

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review