All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Hi Michele new
      #246090 - 02/14/06 12:01 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Thanks for the congrats We have sort of set a date...we're going to aim for August 11th 2007 but that could change depending on venue availability and/or price. If it makes a big price difference to do it not during the summer we may change our minds. As for what it's going to be...it'll likely be fairly big because Scott has a huge family, but nothing super fancy. I don't want anything overblown but I do want it to be classy. I'm picking up some bridal magazines and trying to decide what I want, but the first thing I need to do is choose a venue. Apparently the most popular ones in my city are snapped up 12-18 months in advance which is super stressful!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Thank You! I will -nt new
      #246091 - 02/14/06 12:01 AM
Vicam

I think so... new
      #246092 - 02/14/06 12:03 AM
Vicam

Yeah, I think I really am going to change it. I love it too...but it isn't me at all. It looks really silly on me and just isn't my style for an engagement ring, and I've wanted my engagement ring to be made up of something of my Mom's ever since she died. I'll take lots of pictures and I'm going to save the band/setting...but I think I will be changing it.

Re: Congrats, Kelly! new
      #246093 - 02/14/06 12:04 AM
Vicam

I posted a bit about this in my response to Michele...but possibly August the 11th 2007...depending on different factors. Never knew I'd have to set a date so quickly but it's the first thing everyone asks

Laurel new
      #246094 - 02/14/06 12:05 AM
Vicam

Thanks Since you're in London...just wondering if you have any suggestions or have heard about any nice places to have a wedding ceremony and reception? We're not going to do it at a church so we need to find somewhere else...it can be two venues or all at the same one, I'm not picky...just thought I'd ask and see if you had ever heard anything.

I think Windermere Manor up by the University looks beautiful but is probably really pricey...I'll have to look into that one.

Natalie new
      #246095 - 02/14/06 12:06 AM
Vicam

I definately hope Cailin will jump in with some suggestions or resources...I can use all the help I can get

And I will definately post pictures once I have them...I'll probably have the ring and venue long before anything else, but at least it's a start

Re: Yay !!!! new
      #246096 - 02/14/06 12:07 AM
Vicam

I think it will come out nice too...it's a pretty big diamond but in the right setting I think it will look great as a solitare...it's just too much bling for me with all the other diamonds surrounding it

Bethany new
      #246097 - 02/14/06 12:09 AM
Vicam

Yes, I did wait 7 1/2 years but we started dating really young so it doesn't seem that strange...I started dating him when I was 16. So I'll still be a fairly young bride I am glad to know he is there for me...it's weird, he told me he was planning on proposing later in the year but just felt like he couldn't wait anymore, which seems strange to me because if anything things have been harder for us (or at least me) lately...but I'm glad to know that he wants to be with me in spite of all that. I wouldn't worry about the fact that you're coming on 5 years...just think, whenever you do get engaged you'll be confident that you know eachother really well

That's nice to hear new
      #246098 - 02/14/06 12:10 AM
Vicam

Some people have been giving me the "what's the point" line because we've been together for so long and living together for 3 years...but I think the official committment is important and hope it does deepen our relationship. So thank you for sharing...it was really nice to hear

Nat got me pegged! new
      #246103 - 02/14/06 02:48 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

..but she did visit me in Dublin in the height of "Project Wedding!"
I've printed my tips in the other thread.

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 394 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7321

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review