All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Question for Linz or other fibro girls new
      #243533 - 02/02/06 05:56 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I definitely get more achey and iritable around my period. And they seem to be more painful and heavier each month lately. Don't know if that is the fibro or not?

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Scheduled another dr's appt next week..... new
      #243543 - 02/02/06 07:15 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Michele, I really think you're on to something. Good for you for scheduling that appt. and investigating it further!

Re: Thanks girls! new
      #243565 - 02/02/06 08:22 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I guess I'm just not ready to give up yet. I'm hoping if this dr doesn't know maybe he can at least recommend another dr that might! I'll keep you guys updated!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#243567 - 02/02/06 08:26 AM
michele

Well, AF showed up this morning and the D is still going strong so who knows!! I'm having major menstrual cramps but other than explosive D, my IBS hasn't been awful , not great but not terrible either! I'm still taking the magnesium stuff, I'll give it another week or so and see whats happening then.

--------------------

#243570 - 02/02/06 08:28 AM
michele

I was just daignosed with the fibro but suspect I've had it for a few years. My periods are typically pretty light and only about 3 days or so. I do sometimes get some nasty killer cramps but they usually only last 1-2 days. I'm not sure what affect the fibro has on menstration but I've been told that hormones can make the fibro flare up more!

--------------------

#243571 - 02/02/06 08:31 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Quote:

Anyways, after getting the RA diagnoses recently and reading up on it, I really think my immune system is too strong or something. RA happens because the body attacks its own joints, in a nut shell anyways. So, we have my body killing Hep C, which is very rare, attacking its own joints and apparently killing my babies as well. I've GOT to believe its all related somehow.

Wow. This is intriguing and it seems like you're on to something. After reading your explanation, I feel like it's all related too. I agree it's worth a try asking your doc about this possible connection.

#243572 - 02/02/06 08:34 AM
michele

I sometimes feel like I'm grasping at straws but I just really feel theres got to be something to all this! I know sometimes there just aren't answers but I've got too much going on for it all to be just coincidence!

--------------------

Sounds to me like you are about to make some discoveries! new
      #243582 - 02/02/06 08:47 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

WOW!! Hope you get answers! Hang in there!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Immunologist new
      #243606 - 02/02/06 09:50 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Allergists are immunologists!

You are def on to something here Michele! Do you have an allergist? A GOOD one? If not...I would def recommend it.

As a maetter of fact, I almost went to Denver for a treatment center there to find out what was wrong me (it was either that or mayo clinic) when we moved to AZ and my doc from Florida (long story!) decided it was migraines. (We moved all the way for my doc in FL to tell us that ) Anyhow...if you want more info. on the treatment center in Denver let me know....but if you have a mayo clinic near you...find out if they have an immunologist there (they should) and possibly look into that if this is the route you decide to take.

Maybe I went through all of that so I could tell you about an immunologist. If so, it was worth it to me *hugs* (I believe there are no accidents in life...just my belie...but now I'm getting too personal maybe? I'll be quite now!)

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Immunologist new
      #243613 - 02/02/06 10:24 AM
michele

I guess I never knew an allergist was considered an immunologist?!! I have discovered that there is such a thing as a reproductive immunologist! Haven't found any in my area but they do exist! I'll ask the dr I'm seeing Monday the 13th (I thought is was next Monday but its the following week, opps!) if he knows of any in the area!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1728 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1914

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review