All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Im BACK again and need a little support!!
      #240824 - 01/23/06 11:32 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Im sooooooo excited, my new computer arrived on saturday, Im up n running and the internets sorted in my room, so now I will be a permanent ficture on the boards again....Ive missed you lot!!

I have lots of updates and stuff which I will try typing later, but its kind of fitting that I just sorted my internet today cos I have an upper GI Endoscopy tomorrow and I need your support!!

Okay...hands up....whos had one? Whats it like? Need reassurances especialy as the needle in my hand to put me out with is something I have been having nightmares over!!

Happy thoughts needed!!!

--------------------
Natalie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I had one... new
      #240832 - 01/23/06 12:02 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

The same day as a colonoscopy.(I had forgotten til you mentioned the name of it there)

I honestly didn't feel a thing. I am really needlephobic (I cried getting my honeymoon jabs ) but it was a needle in the arm and then waking in the recovery room. My throat wasn't even sore afterwards or anything.

Delighted to have you back on the air!

--------------------
S.

Re: Im BACK again and need a little support!! new
      #240836 - 01/23/06 12:10 PM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

Hey Natalie,
I've had 2 Upper GI's! It's painless. The prep is easy, just clear liquids for a day. They spray your throat to numb it, & it goes NUMB! They put you out, & the next thing you know, you're waking up. It might take a bit for the anestia to wear off, & they may give you something to drink & tell you to eat something when you get home. Be carefull, eat something light, like toast. Other than that, you should be fine! Hope all goes well!! Keep us posted!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Hey, cailin, you found Nat! :) new
      #240842 - 01/23/06 12:28 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Hiya Natalie-- I'm afraid of needles too. I had to have my 25 year old brother hold my hand while I got my tetanus booster, and I was 27...! The nurse just shook her head at us.

Listen, this will all be a memory when it's all over. It's ok to be scared. Just remember to breathe and, hey! Think of Glendalough.

~nelly~

Re: Hey, cailin, you found Nat! :) new
      #240844 - 01/23/06 12:33 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hey, nice to see you back!

Don't worry about the test tomorrow, its a piece of cake! I had one about 3 years ago or so and its no big deal! Let the nurse know that your a baby when it comes to needles as the iv is truly the worse part. Be sure to stay hydrated because if you are dehydrated, it can make getting an iv in harder! Once the iv is in, you'll get the "happy juice" and wake up when its over!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Im BACK again and need a little support!! new
      #240862 - 01/23/06 01:42 PM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

I had one this past summer and I was too nervous. I thought I was going to have an attack waiting in the waiting room. I was like hurry up knock me out soon:). The nurse came in, asked me a few questions then I was instructed to undress from the waist down with socks still on and put the gown on open in the back. Finally after about 10 mins sitting there I was giving an IV without fluids at this point. I handle needles fine so that part was no big deal. Then she wheeled me through the halls in my bed and into an exam room. The nurse turned on some music and I was instructed to lay on my side and just relax. She started putting the fluids into my IV. The doctor came in and made sure I was comfortable and talked a little and then that was it, I was out. I woke up in NO PAIN what so ever, however I was very tired I slept most of that day and all that night. The next day I was up running around with my 2 year old. The only pain I ever felt was doing the enema, yuck!!!!!!!!! I think that is it, hopefully you will also have a painless procedure. Good luck and feel free to ask more questions.

Seek and you shall find... new
      #240874 - 01/23/06 02:19 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

You betcha Nelly...maybe I should drop the legal career and get into "people finding"!

Funny you should mention Glendalough, P and I were there on Saturday and we were just talking about how the last time we had been there you two were with us (and Claire and Niall) Needless to say it was a LOT colder on Saturday, but still as beautiful and with a lot less tourists

Needlephobics unite!
-Honeymoon jabs brought tears to 29 year old Sinead
-I locked myself in the school staffroom rather than get my BCG booster injection when I was 11
-they had to wrestle with me when I was 12 to give me the rubella one. My needle marks are all closer to my elbow than my shoulder as I used to refuse to pull up my sleeve. I am getting over it though..or thought I was until the debacle at the tropical medical centre for the honeymoon jabs...P did bring me out to dinner straight away to get over it, and insisted that I have dessert to raise my blood sugar, so it wasn't ALL bad

--------------------
S.

I've had a gastroscopy, that's upper GI new
      #240928 - 01/23/06 05:33 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

and it wasn't bad. the only part that really bothered me was when they froze my throat. I couldn't hold that foul smelling liquid in my throat without swallowing it. But ocne you're out, you notice nothing. And once you wake up, you're a little spacey but fine.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Needlephobics unite!!!! new
      #240937 - 01/23/06 07:04 PM
Natalie1985

I am so glad to hear that Im not the only one!!! I HATE them!! the amount of times Ive fainted is untrue....good job this is to actually make me pass out, I probably will before they stick it near me!!

I was having a little panic b4 but am trying not to stress now....funny you were talking about glnadalough, I have transfered all my pics n stuff from my old comp to new one and my dublin trip pics came up....I will post a few when I have time, plus a couple of my 21st bday pics n a few other interesting ones!!

Oooooh Ive missed posting with you two sinead and nelly and brittany and everyone else.....feels like the good old days now!!!

--------------------
Natalie

Thanks guys....GOSSIP N PICS to take my mind off it!! LONG!! new
      #240975 - 01/24/06 02:45 AM
Natalie1985

Its 10.02 am and my appt is not until 5pm which is annoying cos it means I'll be starving by the time I get to the hospital, but I was very naughty last night, Ive lost a few pounds recently and am aiming to lose a stone by easter but cos I knew I couldnt eat today I had some choccy lastnight and a huge cheeseless pizza at around 1am with my flatmates!! Tummy is handling it surprisingly well considering! Technically I am telling myself that I am canceling out the calories by not being able to eat today so lets hope it hasnt spoiled my recent efforts!

So anyways....am gona stay on the comp getting on with uni work 2day to take my mind off it but I thought Id fill you in on some of my gossip from recent months....

Dont really know where to start but here goes....

So a lot of you probably remember my obsession with a twin last year....well we were meant to be living next door to him and his friends this year but it turned out that the group of friends kinda went their separate ways and he is now back home so he can be with his girlfriend and commuting to uni, he doesnt even really see his friends anymore His friends say he is now leading a boring life and woulda been better off with me....I tell myself I am not jealous I am having a gr8 time this year!

Anyways it was weird at first thinking I wouldnt be seeing him around anymore but we have become closer to his friends this year and I found out a lot of stuff...like the fact that they all hate his girfriend cos she cheated on him last yr and that time when it looked like something might happen between me and him and he stayed over that time they were actually split up! Lotsa questions have been answered so I feel like I can finally close the lid on that one!

As for boys...well....after all that happened last year...I kinda had a bit of a mad summer....naughty nat as everyone calls me came out a few times post alcohol....I am usually the good one but I let my hair down big style on several occasions but I think I needed it! Then when I went to barcelona for new years eve we had french, spanish and italian men chasing us down the streets....it was quite scary actually...it was kind of our own fault but hey....I get a lot of new years kisses that night My flatmate also chose to walk out to sea drunk at 3am which was not amusing at the time although the pictures r hilarious....it was a very dangerous situation to put herself in, she didnt go very far but she did fall under and people had to carry her out...I was VERY angry and embarassed at the time....I could hear all the spaniards thinking....bludy english tourists!

As for the boy situation....I do have more of them after me again this year...I kinda like one but he is only 18 and Ive just turned 21, if it was the other way around it wouldnt be as bad but he is way too immature, just very attractive There is also the situation with a boy on my course, who admitted hes liked me since 1st year and on a drunken night out decided to tell me how amazing I was and all this stuff which was very embarrassin at the time cos I just dont know how to react....I only see him as a friend and I told him and since then is been a little awkward everytime we see each other at uni, I felt bad cos I think he thought I liked him like that too

Also....you know there are the other twins I liked too...well the one out of them...hmmm.....dont knoww what is going on there....my flatmates have several time when we've been out told him how much I like him....they say he always seems surprised....on my birthday night out they told him he was taking me home....and since then there has been a lot of flirty eye contact...we saw them out on sat night and we were dancing and having a laugh, I have bet my flatmate that next time we see them I will kiss him....just to get it out of my system...so I will report on that one next week...knowing me I will lose the bet, although Ive won quite a few recently!!

So....I am now 21....feels a bit scary...uni is strangely going good at the moment...Im starting to put in the hard work again when I need to...only 5 months till I graduate...things are gona get more and more stressful so I should be stopping any partying and boys and concentrating on my studies

Anyways....I must shut up....heres a few pics....with sinead and nelly on the dublin trip....I will post bday pics soon!

Heres me(left) sinead(cailin) and nelly having dinner at johnnie foxes...naughty natalies over indulgence in non safe treats meant I was sick all nite Tasted gr8 tho

Me and nelly having dinner in temple bar

Me sinead nelly in glendalough

sinead and nelly stuffing their faces!

And finally...me and sinead in temple bar....aaahh this has made me sad....I miss dublin!

--------------------
Natalie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 749 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3478

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review