Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: support... new
      #236568 - 01/07/06 06:40 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

HI Beth...
OK, so many questions to answer for you. First of all, I am SO glad I had my gallbladder out. All of the symptoms with nausea and intense right side pain and all is GONE. I love that... I have a feeling my IBS is still here b/c of 7 years with a bad gallbladder and all. And, I was SO worried about getting D after surgery. I am a bigtime C...and guess what? still am...I am in the process of debating miralax again...I want to try, but right after surgery I gave it a go and had horrible cramping and pains..so we'll see!
As for GRE and grad school stuff...I am trying to get either an MFA or MA in Educational Theatre (pretty much to work in the educational department of a children's theatre somewhere!)....so the GRE is mainly a technicality...ya know?
Thanks for all of the support! Hope you're doing well!~

--------------------
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Aly, I don't know you too well... new
      #236570 - 01/07/06 06:41 PM
Aly

Thanks for the hugs! I was diagnosed with IBS 7 yrs ago...then celiac disease, then got my gallbaldder out...and now its ALL back to the basic IBS diagnosis without a non-functioning gallbladder...so I am trying to get back on track after surgery a few months ago...and it's been tougher than I thought, so all comfort is appreciated!

--------------------
IBS-A

#236584 - 01/07/06 09:29 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Well, I'm here to support you. I'm definitely on the "seaside" of IBS as well, though sometimes I can be an A, I'm usually a C!

I know it can be a tough go without a gallbladder, but better than with one! Now you HAVE to be a good girl!
And I'll support you in it!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

I am so there! new
      #236586 - 01/07/06 09:31 PM
_Willow

Do you know someone who's dying to watch a really bright, really rambunctious three year old too? That's a vaca in itself!

What are you in grad school for, you big brain, you? I'm hoping to go back after a few years teaching to get a masters in Ed. Psych and become a school counsellor and eventually a child psychologist.

But hey, we all have dreams!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Duh! Canadian out of the loop here.... new
      #236587 - 01/07/06 09:35 PM
_Willow

What's a GRE?
And isn't math evil? I had to take a university level stats course (lol, the lowest level you can take-and almost failed) just to be able to take a university course on math curriculum for elementary so I could teach elementary math. How stupid is that?!

Why don't we have a "dumb" smiley?

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Aly, I love you guys! new
      #236588 - 01/07/06 09:37 PM
_Willow

I love that educational childrens theatre stuff. Are you more hoping to do the production side or the acting? Or set or designing, etc.... I had a good friend who was a play producer, and did kids plays. I've never seen one that I didn't think the actors must have fun with all the lil kids every day.....

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#236629 - 01/08/06 08:31 AM
Aly

Thanks for all of the posts! I really appreciate it. Yes, it can be tough, but I am doing as much as I can to get myself stable! As for the Theatre stuff--I would love to do mroe of the directing side. I grew up acting and singing, and still love it, but really would love to "be in charge"...hahaha! Anyway, back to work...then 2 days off! Yay!

--------------------
IBS-A

GRE= Graduate Record Examination new
      #236634 - 01/08/06 09:02 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

It's a test that is usually required before applying for a graduate program. The scores help determine whether you get admissions, scholarships, etc. You know, little things like that!

There's a lot of algebra and geometry on it...which means you're in trouble if you've been out of school for a while. Who remembers what you knew in HS math classes?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Something tells me new
      #236684 - 01/08/06 01:38 PM
_Willow

that with a master's you may have a shot at the director's chair someday, LOL!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Aly, how are things now?? *hugs* n-t new
      #236707 - 01/08/06 02:33 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1098 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4017

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review