All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
About stocking stuffers
      #233485 - 12/22/05 09:51 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

So, I used to think my Mom & Dad are kind of nuts because some years, they wrap EVERYTHING for the stockings. I've unwrapped packs of gum and individual candy bars and tubes of Chapstick.

Tonight, surpassed that.
Yes, folks, I just wrapped

TOILET PAPER!!!

BUT WAIT!! THERE'S MORE...

It's not an entire roll of toilet paper, it's....
Charmin to Go!!

I found it at Hunt Fish Kill (um, Gander Mountain) when I was picking up gift cards for my Dad. It's supposed to be for hunters. It's a small roll that would fit amongst hunting gear or in a pocket. Dad hunts. He also has "stomach problems" and my sister has IBS as well. So I figured it would make a useful stocking stuffer.

And now I've gone so far as to wrap it in pretty paper!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: About stocking stuffers new
      #233491 - 12/22/05 10:58 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

LOL! You'll have to share his reaction with us.

Hey, if I found something like a wrapped package of Imodium in my stocking, I'd be happy!

Re: About stocking stuffers new
      #233505 - 12/23/05 06:44 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

That sounds like a wonderful gift - I'd love some in my stocking for road trips and the like. (I can't believe I just wrote that, but it's true. ) And of course you wrap all the stocking stuffers - Santa expects no less of his helpers.

And I second Maria - do let us know the reaction!

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

I don't know about stockings.. but I'd love some of that.. new
      #233518 - 12/23/05 08:00 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

there are definitely times when having it would come in handy!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

ROFL!!! new
      #233521 - 12/23/05 08:06 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

First of all, that's pretty funny all on its own. Second, I'm cracking up because my darling wonderful boyfriend insists on doing the SAME DARN THING with stockings! I have a hard enough time thinking of things to PUT in the stocking... and now he wants me to *wrap* it all too?!

stowing away stuff in your car new
      #233575 - 12/23/05 01:06 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Although I was never a Boy Scout (and never wanted to be, 'cause those hats are seriously dorky), I still believe in being prepared, so I have a plastic box in my car equipped with:

toothbrush
toothpaste
floss
paper toilet seat covers
toilet paper
liquid soap
antibacterial hand gel
lotion
tampons/pads/liners

I also have stick deodorant but it doesn't hold up well in the car as it ends up sort of melting, but can still be used in an emergency. (It can get really cold here so I'm not sure if spray deodorant would be safe.) I abandoned having wet wipes because I've found that after a couple months in the car you tear open the package and they are actually dry stiff wipes, which are never any fun.

I also keep lots of napkins and Kleenex in the glove compartment.

UGH I feel like someone's neurotic mother now.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

stocking stuffer ideas? new
      #233577 - 12/23/05 01:19 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

What do other people do for stocking stuffers for significant others? I always have a really hard time thinking of stuff for my husband, so I typically just get him candy. Appreciated, but uninteresting. I'd like to get small stuff that ISN'T edible, but I can't think of anything. I am pretty miserly so I'm thinking items $3 or less that can actually be used. (I hate gag gifts, unless they are really cheap (under $1). Yeah, maybe you get a smile out of them, but then you are left with something totally useless that cost perfectly good money!!!) Most years I also get him a few Hot Wheel cars (the $.79 kind) because he likes them. But I also kinda hate buying these, because he never actually plays with them. Since he is 32, I guess some people would think that was a good thing. Although on occasion I still take out my childhood Barbies and -- uh -- carefully inventory them.

Where was I?

Oh. Stocking stuffers. This year I'm getting him -- surprise! -- candy. I'm also getting him a bottle of massage oil, which was a little pricey for a stocking stuffer (ugh I hate having to keep typing that out, but saying "stuffer" alone just sounds weird and sort of wrong), but I just couldn't think of anything else. He has expensive tastes I guess.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Queen of Wet Ones new
      #233578 - 12/23/05 01:26 PM
lj

Reged: 09/24/04

Those are all really interesting things to keep in your car. I only keep 3 things: at least 2 bottles of water, a box of kleenex and a pack of supersize Wet Ones (oh also the portable DVD player for the kids). I never have the same pack around long enough for them to dry out. I am a germ freak so we all wipe our hands off after going to the store or library or school, etc. They do freeze in the winter if you don't keep them in the glove box though.

Laura

Re: stocking stuffer ideas? new
      #233579 - 12/23/05 01:32 PM
lj

Reged: 09/24/04

Jen,

I have found one thing that always works well for men/boys. A roll of duct tape! Maybe the guys in my family are weird, but they usually seem to love this gift.

Laura

Does anyone else get gifts from fish..... new
      #233581 - 12/23/05 01:51 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

It has been a long standing tradition at my house that everyone gets a present from our dog(now it's Annie)and the tropical fish (we have several aquariums). I always buy silly stuff for those gifts and believe it or not my family looks forward to opening gifts from " The fish"... It has been lots of fun throughout the years.

Merry Christmas
Barbie

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 397 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2178

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review