All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Todays appt update on babies! new
      #222824 - 11/02/05 03:27 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

My gosh girl, when can you work with all those appointments!!!! Don't run yourself down. Not good for babies or you.

Hope your nausea stops soon!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Godmothers new
      #222838 - 11/02/05 04:24 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

These babes are going to have a lot of Godmothers. I can't wait to see the sonogram.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Re: Thanks everyone!!! new
      #222880 - 11/02/05 11:43 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I always thought that it was important to decide whether the tests would change anything. Like, loads of people have had Down's babies and said they wouldn't have changed anything and the kids grow up happy, etc. I guess CF would be pretty yucky - especially with the life expectancy. Personally I'd have all the tests, but that's just me. I guess that's why they have a counsellor to help you decide!

ANYWAY...these babies have got such good karma (or is that the huge amounts of prayers being sent up for them? ) they'll be fine. And Carol's right....they are going to have so many godmothering people!

Linz... new
      #222901 - 11/03/05 06:35 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Some of those tests actually pose risk to the baby. And- like the Downs one, that has a LOT of false-positives associated with it. Most people (if the doctor doesn't recommend it) do not get the test, because it's not like it's going to change anything besides making you worry like crazy for the rest of the pregnancy!

Michele may be required to because of being high-risk, over 30, etc....but if she can opt out, I definately would!

--------------------
~Cara~

Being over 30 makes us high risk?!?! new
      #222910 - 11/03/05 06:50 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I'm gonna be 27 this month and we haven't even STARTED trying due to all the issues at hand...

Is this really true? Somehow I thought it was over 40!

Please be honest with me...I need to know...thanks! *hugs*

And, Michele, you are AMAZING! Watching you fight and win....you give me tons of HOPE and FIGHT to continue with my struggles towards having a family of my own one day *huge hugs* I love you!!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Being over 30 makes us high risk?!?! new
      #222913 - 11/03/05 07:01 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

I have seen it put at around 35. I am 30 and due in 3 wks. I still had to have all the typical tests, but usually they don't make a big deal of them until you are over 35. You are still young by today's standards to have a child, so don't worry. You'll be ok. Just start taking folic acid now if you are planning to try soon!

Good luck!

Christianne

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

*phew* and THANKS new
      #222917 - 11/03/05 07:13 AM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks Christianne! *hugs* this makes me feel a LOT more optimistic!!!

I hope we WILL be able to try to have our own kids!! For a while all the talk was on adopting...but we will see. It's looking like we may actually be able to have our own....I'll def keep updating y'all as we go

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Oh sorry! :) new
      #222934 - 11/03/05 07:53 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

No I didn't mean that....I mean, the older you get the more risks you have of course....but 30 is still very young. You are not automatically high risk when you turn 30 Or even 35 for that matter....they are just more precautious. I just meant with Michele's history - her doctors know everything that she has been through. Sorry about that Rache!!

--------------------
~Cara~

Cara, you have NO NEED to apologize new
      #222939 - 11/03/05 08:01 AM
Snow for Sarala

You're too sweet!! I just got confused/anxious is all

It's super to know I'm not at high risk though for years to come...so I'm glad I asked And I wouldn't have asked if you hadn't brought it up!!!

How are you feeling Cara? I'm SO THRILLED for YOU and all the mommies-to-be! Keep us posted, ok?

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Todays appt update on babies! new
      #222981 - 11/03/05 10:30 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Thanks alicia. I've started to do a little research and reading on birthing twins and the possibility of preemies. I know they consider 37 weeks full term with twins and pretty much over 34-35 weeks to be ok. I'm not yet prepared for a long nicu stay or anything like that. I'm trying to take it one day at a time. Once I get settled in with my high risk obgyn, I figured I'd be able to get more info. How premature was your baby born?

One thing I'm a little concerend about is that my ankles seem to be retaining fluid already. Thats not supposed to happen this early is it? I have been eating a fair amount of salt but my hands don't seem puffy or anything, just my ankles. To the point that I have a red ridge at night when I take my socks off and my socks don't seem tight or anything. I'm going to ask the RE about it next week when I see her but did you ever expierence this?

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 709 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4333

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review