All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Mommy Duty
      #221160 - 10/25/05 11:11 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

My Mom is having knee replacement surgery today (25th)....so I will go to the hospital after work today and the 26th, 27th I'm with PT Heather, 28th hospital, 29th PT Heather, cousins 18th bday party, hospital or Mom & Dad's if they let her go home. 30th - 4th I (probably not Shane due to the cat and his commute to work would suck) will be staying at Mom & Dad's.... I will not be going home at all or to my normal gym (might get to stop at another on a few days?). But I will work with PT Heather on the 3rd downtown. 5th I will work with PT Heather in the morning and hopefully be done with Mommy duty... but not sure... I may end up there again starting the 7th?

My Sister will be taking the 25th & 26th off of work to take her to the hospital and stay there to talk with Dr. etc. and going to the hospital after work on the 27th & 28th and will be the one to bring her home hopefully on the 29th. Then she has month end for work which means she would already be working 10-12 hour days and her office is about 30 mins further away from Mom & Dad's then mine is...so it makes sense that I be the one to stay during the week.

Oh, and I don't know how much time I will be on the computer during this time in the evening.... they only have dial up and it is SLOW... don't know how well I will handle that.....LOL.. but I will have my computer at work.

The thing I HATE the most..... is being without Shane at bedtime..... I will have to pre-pack his lunches and have all his dinners figured out and pills in little baggies....teach him how much coffee grounds and water to put in the machine... I know he is a big boy.... but he is so used to me doing all of this for him.... awww.... married life!! lol

I feel good that I'm able to do this for my Mom... don't get me wrong.... I'm NOT COMPLAINING... just letting ya all know I'm gonna be busy and not on my normal routine.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Mommy Duty new
      #221165 - 10/25/05 11:27 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm giggling a little because I do the same thing for Adam when I have to go away for more than a day without him... have lunch food ready to go, leave little notes to remind him to take pills, etc etc. I don't feel so weird now knowing that someone else does all that stuff for their other half!

Anyway, I'll be thinking of your mom & sending all kinds of good wishes for a quick recovery!

#221168 - 10/25/05 11:30 AM
Shell Marr

Sister just called... Mom is in recovery now for about an hour...then she will go to her own room. Everything went well, took a little longer then they thought... but no problems!

--------------------

#221175 - 10/25/05 11:47 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Shell,

I wish your Mother good luck with her surgery. It is nice that you will be able to help her out. A change in routine is always difficult but especially for those with IBS.

Shane will appreciate you more when you get back.

--------------------
Janey

#221181 - 10/25/05 12:09 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Ahhh, good for you for taking care of your Mom. You are a sweet daughter to do that! And Shane will survive by himself. This will be good for him. He'll realize how much you do for him each day!

#221188 - 10/25/05 12:22 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Shell, I hope your mom does well with this surgery. My dad recently went through this, and although it was very successful, I was not prepared to see my dad in that much pain. It is unlike anything else painwise according to others I know who have also been through this. I thought I'd tell you to just be prepared mentally, because I had to leave the room when the physical therapist came to work with him. I just could not stand it! He would almost pass out, the guy would stop, then as soon as he regained a little color...back at it!! It was just rough!

My dad is still doing his excercises over a year later, but he is walking much better and the pain is nothing compared to what it was prior to surgery. I will remember her and you and sister too as you care for her. I hope it all goes well.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

P.S. new
      #221190 - 10/25/05 12:26 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I'm just like you when I leave hubby...meals prepared ect...everyone in our family teases me about it! I think Atomic Rose said the same! We IBS ladies know how to spoil our men!!

And I wasn't trying to be negative in my original post, but I was just not prepared to see my parent in such pain. It was hard for me. Dad is doing great and is glad to have had the surgery. However, the same surgeon is after him to do the other knee and he just politely says, "No thank you."

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#221197 - 10/25/05 12:38 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I hope your mom is up and running around in no time!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#221282 - 10/25/05 09:44 PM
Shell Marr

Just got home from the hospital.... they just changed her pain meds cuz the morphine was making her sick to her tummy....so now they are trying vicodine. They will bring in the traction so she can get her leg up. She has not eaten anything yet... the Jell-O made her sick and she tried a few ice chips but no go.... hopefully the vicodin with settle her tummy and they will try to get her to eat some graham crackers.

She will start physical theraphy sometime tomorrow....that should be the hardest days I'm thinking... .

I will go see her after work....

My poor Mommy.....

--------------------

#221362 - 10/26/05 09:02 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I'm giggling a little because I do the same thing for Adam when I have to go away for more than a day without him... have lunch food ready to go, leave little notes to remind him to take pills, etc etc. I don't feel so weird now knowing that someone else does all that stuff for their other half!

Anyway, I'll be thinking of your mom & sending all kinds of good wishes for a quick recovery!

Thanks Casey... you made me laugh too...

I have not talked to Mommy yet this morning....

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2921 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3175

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review