Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: Big hugs for Shell! new
      #222329 - 10/31/05 01:51 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Wow, you're amazing. Don't forget to take care of youself...or you won't be able to take care of anyone else!

Thanks Linz.... I know...I have to be careful... just strange suroundings, not my bed, and they have an indoor cat that was active ALL NIGHT long.... hacking up fur balls and all!!! LOL Maybe after all the trick or treaters are done...I can sneak a piece of candy to feel better...hehehe But I will be careful... last night I just had soup, crakers, & fennel tea... today just water, fennel tea, & 2 mini luna bars... I will have a sandwich at lunch in about 45 mins..that will help...

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Mommy Duty new
      #222331 - 10/31/05 01:55 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I'm glad Shell you all are taking turns caring for your mom. It is very nice of you all to pitch in, because I hate seeing patients without any family or friends come visit during their stay at the hospital.

Well wishes for your mom for a speedy recovery!!!!

#222332 - 10/31/05 01:56 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I'm glad Shell you all are taking turns caring for your mom. It is very nice of you all to pitch in, because I hate seeing patients without any family or friends come visit during their stay at the hospital.

Well wishes for your mom for a speedy recovery!!!!

Thanks Barb.... you too with your foot.... you've got great kids to help you too!

--------------------

#222633 - 11/01/05 05:18 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Shell,
Prayers going out to you, your mom and your family. Take care of yourself.
Let us know how your mom is doing.
Shelby

Shell!! new
      #222660 - 11/01/05 09:24 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

I am so sorry I missed this earlier!

That machine sure does look awful. I think recovering from those surgeries is just a nightmare. My best friend has had several hip surgeries, so I know some of the really bizarre thing you have to do afterwards (my friend was in casts on her legs that kept them apart at a 90 degree angel! ).
Anyway, I really hope that your mom starts feeling better soon and the pain at least wears off a little. I can imagine she is really uncomfortable and having a hard time sleeping, that sounds so awful.

You're a very good daughter for taking such good care.. but you need to get your rest too, lady! You need to take good care of yourself too! *shakes her finger at you* tsk tsk!

I hope both you AND your mom are feeling better soon and everybody gets some sleep!!

Let us know how everyone is doing, I am thinkin' about you!

**hugs**
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#222835 - 11/02/05 04:10 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Shell,
Prayers going out to you, your mom and your family. Take care of yourself.
Let us know how your mom is doing.
Shelby

Thanks Shelby... Mom is doing better today. I'm still trying to "clean out" from my attack... I'm so thankful for fennel tea...I'm feeling so much better.

--------------------

Re: Mommy Duty Update new
      #223060 - 11/03/05 04:26 PM
Shell Marr

Mommy is doing really good today.... the physical therapist came to see her and said she is doing well. She has to practice walking heel to toe all the way instead of limping on it or dragging her leg. She also gave her some different exercises to try because her upper thigh is not strong enough yet to do the ones she has been TRYING the last couple of days.

I'm going to the gym to work out with my personal trainer tonight after work....I have not been to the gym since Sat and it is driving me crazy!! LOL

Dad will be with Mom.....

--------------------

Re: Mommy Duty Update new
      #223076 - 11/03/05 06:16 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Shell glad to hear that your mom is doing better. My dad just brought my grandma home to their house after her knee surgery. She is doing really well to and she is 78! Sorry to hear about your attack. Hope your tummy is feeling better!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1392 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3177

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review