All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: Mommy Duty new
      #221564 - 10/27/05 08:02 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Hi Shell,
My daughter's mil had knee surgery about a year ago, and she is doing wonderfully now. The recovery was painful, but well worth it. She can get around now like you wouldn't believe. And, she has much more energy. Your Mom is so lucky to have you.
Hugs to you and Mom both!
Terri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#221566 - 10/27/05 08:21 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Aww - hope everything goes okay for your mommy, Shelley! Next time I'll send Mike up there to hang out with Shane, and hope they don't get into too much trouble.

Keep us updated!

Thanks Jen!

There will be a next time too.... i'm sure she will have the other knee done too.

Oh, Shane & Mikey alone in Seattle = TROUBLE!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: You're such a good daughter! new
      #221567 - 10/27/05 08:23 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hope mom continues to improve and do well!

Thanks Beth!

--------------------

#221633 - 10/27/05 03:37 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Shell,

I pray everything will be okay and even better than that!

I can def understand that it will be ROUGH being away from hubby *hugs* and pre-packing lunches, etc.! I can't even IMAGINE what you're going through! You are a WONDERFUL daughter, wife, and friend...and we love you oodles! Take care of yourself too though, ok?

Love you lots!

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#221801 - 10/28/05 10:01 AM
Shell Marr

Mommy is coming home from the hospital today!! WWooohhooo.... she is doing really good. She was able to have a BM and go pee on her own after the cath came out. She walked the hall with her little walker!!

My Sister is with her now getting her ready to go soon. I will go see her at her house after work....

--------------------

#221904 - 10/28/05 04:41 PM
Shell Marr

Mommy is HOME!!

I have to stop and buy her a sit up pillow with arm rests after work.... and take it to her.....

Sister is staying with her tonight......

I'll keep ya posted....

--------------------

#222251 - 10/31/05 08:38 AM
Shell Marr

Last night was my first over night Mommy duty....

Momma was really hurting last night... she is now taking her pain meds every 4 hours instead of 6. Increasing her CPM machine from 55 to 60 was really hard on her and she was too painful to go back into the machine again.

Continuous passive motion (CPM) machine
The operated leg may be placed in a continuous passive motion (CPM) machine to help bend and straighten the knee. This helps prevent pain and stiffness, and reduces the build up of scar tissue around the knee joint.

Also the Ace wrap was too light after about 4 hours they came off for about 40 mins then I put them back on but not so tight. She was dizzy and sick to her tummy....maybe cutting off the circulation? She was up every couple of hours to pee (rain in the gutter did not help).

She was sleeping when I left and Dad will get her breakfast so she can take her pain pills by 9am and he will put her in the CPM machine before he leaves between 9:30-10am and then her girlfriend Lynn will be there around 11am and I think will stay until Dad gets back in the early afternoon. Dad will be there until I get there.... I might need to stop at the hospital and pick up more of her shots on the way over there since they shorted her one days dose.

Shane made himself Mac & Cheese last night for dinner and was bored.... he managed to get himself off to work this morning...and will not have a problem getting meals today since it is a combo of Halloween and Month End at the office and his company always brings in lots of food for that.

OK.... I better get to work myself.....I'm not feeling too tip top myself... have been having an attack since about 2pm Sunday... and got about a total of 45 mins sleep last night....

--------------------

That machine is rough! new
      #222288 - 10/31/05 12:03 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I'm glad you are taking care of your mom, but oh, what awful times my dad had with that machine! How in the world do they expect them to sleep in those things!!!???? But they keep telling us how vital it was, and supposed to keep the new knee from locking up...

I sure feel for you! You and mom hang in there!!! It WILL get better!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Big hugs for Shell! new
      #222326 - 10/31/05 01:45 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Wow, you're amazing. Don't forget to take care of youself...or you won't be able to take care of anyone else!

Re: That machine is rough! new
      #222328 - 10/31/05 01:47 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I'm glad you are taking care of your mom, but oh, what awful times my dad had with that machine! How in the world do they expect them to sleep in those things!!!???? But they keep telling us how vital it was, and supposed to keep the new knee from locking up...

I sure feel for you! You and mom hang in there!!! It WILL get better!!

I know.... it is really hard to HEAR her, when I know she is hurting. I feel for her big time.....she was doing to well too... then we increased it and then ouchy boo boo again.... we will get her there!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1406 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3177

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review