All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: Mommy Duty new
      #221368 - 10/26/05 09:10 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Aww - hope everything goes okay for your mommy, Shelley! Next time I'll send Mike up there to hang out with Shane, and hope they don't get into too much trouble.

Keep us updated!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#221391 - 10/26/05 10:08 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Shell,

I wish your Mother good luck with her surgery. It is nice that you will be able to help her out. A change in routine is always difficult but especially for those with IBS.

Shane will appreciate you more when you get back.

Thanks Janey... it was kinda fun to see Mom "High" on the meds...LOL

Shane was so cute when I got home.... like he had not seen me in a week! LOL

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#221453 - 10/26/05 12:43 PM
Shell Marr

Mommy just called,.... she was able to eat this morning....had physical therapy and is sitting up in a chair... the said the physical therapy was very painful, but she will DO IT!!

I will go see her after work......

--------------------

You're such a good daughter! new
      #221463 - 10/26/05 12:58 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Hope mom continues to improve and do well!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#221475 - 10/26/05 01:17 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Ahhh, good for you for taking care of your Mom. You are a sweet daughter to do that! And Shane will survive by himself. This will be good for him. He'll realize how much you do for him each day!

Thanks!!

Yes, Shane's words were...."Ya know.....I'm pretty helpless without you" I said, "I know...I planned it that way..." LOL

--------------------

#221483 - 10/26/05 01:31 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Shell, I hope your mom does well with this surgery. My dad recently went through this, and although it was very successful, I was not prepared to see my dad in that much pain. It is unlike anything else painwise according to others I know who have also been through this. I thought I'd tell you to just be prepared mentally, because I had to leave the room when the physical therapist came to work with him. I just could not stand it! He would almost pass out, the guy would stop, then as soon as he regained a little color...back at it!! It was just rough!

My dad is still doing his excercises over a year later, but he is walking much better and the pain is nothing compared to what it was prior to surgery. I will remember her and you and sister too as you care for her. I hope it all goes well.

PS
I'm just like you when I leave hubby...meals prepared ect...everyone in our family teases me about it! I think Atomic Rose said the same! We IBS ladies know how to spoil our men!!

And I wasn't trying to be negative in my original post, but I was just not prepared to see my parent in such pain. It was hard for me. Dad is doing great and is glad to have had the surgery. However, the same surgeon is after him to do the other knee and he just politely says, "No thank you."

Thank you for your words of advise...... I told my sister that this was going to be very hard on us... Kandee told me a little about this too.... and has tried to prepare me for it. I think she will be good while at the hospital... but once we get her home.... and she is not on round the clock pain meds... things will change I think? But maybe not.... Mom said, "I've endured A LOT of pain in my days.... I will just HAVE TO DO THIS!!" She also has Lupus, Connective Tissue Decease, & Arthritis .... so yes, she has had her fair share of pain over the years.

We will help her......

--------------------

#221488 - 10/26/05 02:29 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Shell glad to hear that your mom's surgery went well. My grandma whose 78 just had her knee replaced two weeks ago and she is doing great! My MIL had her hip replaced 3 weeks ago and that is going a little slower. It is weird how the older one is doing better than the younger, but my MIL has a lot of health issues and my grandma is pretty healthy for and older lady. Anyways... I hope things continue to get better. And you should tell Shane that he could practice making some of those IBS recipes for you while you are away. Since I know you are always cooking for him!! LOL

#221490 - 10/26/05 02:51 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I hope your mom is up and running around in no time!!

HEHEHE....Yes, up and running around like your gonna be Michele in about 2 years... after your twins!! LOL

--------------------

#221538 - 10/26/05 10:06 PM
Shell Marr

Just got home from the hospital... Mommy is hurting more tonight then last night... her stomach muscles hurt from pulling herself up and trying lift her leg.... the leg is painful.... but she is a tough cookie!! She was REALLY hungry at dinner...but her chicken was dry and her soup was gross.... (hospital food)... she did eat most of it anyway...and she got a cookie which she loved!! Brought her a teddy bear that she was sleeping with when I left. She has a great staff there to help her... oh, I don't know if I mentioned this part or not... but she had the surgery done at the same hospital that she has worked at for over 30 years!! She had to do it there due to insurance... kinda pissed her off...cuz now her co-workers (she works graveyard) are the ones seeing her butt and are there to help her in and out of commode or soon to the toilet...and to hear and smell her fart...LOL Poor Mommy....she really is shy.... and very bloated tonight... she is embarrassed to let out the wind... I told her while I was there to just blame it on me!! hehehe

--------------------

#221539 - 10/26/05 10:18 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Quote:

Just got home from the hospital... Mommy is hurting more tonight then last night... her stomach muscles hurt from pulling herself up and trying lift her leg.... the leg is painful.... but she is a tough cookie!! She was REALLY hungry at dinner...but her chicken was dry and her soup was gross.... (hospital food)... she did eat most of it anyway...and she got a cookie which she loved!! Brought her a teddy bear that she was sleeping with when I left. She has a great staff there to help her... oh, I don't know if I mentioned this part or not... but she had the surgery done at the same hospital that she has worked at for over 30 years!! She had to do it there due to insurance... kinda pissed her off...cuz now her co-workers (she works graveyard) are the ones seeing her butt and are there to help her in and out of commode or soon to the toilet...and to hear and smell her fart...LOL Poor Mommy....she really is shy.... and very bloated tonight... she is embarrassed to let out the wind... I told her while I was there to just blame it on me!! hehehe

Your poor mom! I hope she recovers quickly and doesn't feel too embarrassed about her coworkers seeing her in this condition. I think the hospital is one place I wouldn't feel bad about passing gas. Does she have her own room?

Anyway, she's lucky to have you around, helping her out. I'm sure you make her smile and help her relax. Take care, Shell!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1025 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3177

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review