All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Michele...a few things to tell you
      #220475 - 10/20/05 09:52 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Hey you! I'm so glad things are working well for you! And Yea for the new bra size!!! Tell Will you get to keep them for at least as long as you breast feed!!! One suggestion is to go out and buy some palmers cocoa butter lotion, the one designed from pregnancy. It will help prevent stretch marks. I would buy that and get it on your new gals asap...I was pretty small with my first and my boobs grew FAST. I got some stretch marks....so you may want to get some of that cream.

Also on the maternity pants....I loved the low rise panel. Its right under the belly. It felt so good. Get the one that is a panal all the way around..not just in the front. I was able to grow and still be comfortable in the ones that were low rise and all the way around. The over the belly ones get really uncomfortable at the end.

I'm sooooo happy for you!!!! Take care!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Michele...a few things to tell you new
      #220482 - 10/20/05 10:17 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Thanks Steph! I'll look for that cream, can you get it most anywhere? I am prone to stretch marks as I have them on my leggs and butt so I just know I'll be getting them while prengant!!

Ok, so I want the elastic thing ALL the way around the top of the maternity pants but not the tall panel that comes over the belly, got it!! I did see the lower rise with the little panel all the way around last night at Motherhood but all there pants look very short. I think I'm going to have to try Gap and Old Navy to get the taller sizes!!

Did you ever use the bella band? Is just a piece of strecthcy material that you can wear with your pre-maternity clothes but it allows you to unbutton and unzip your pants alittle and this band will cover it. You can also use it when you just start in maternity pants and they are a little big. I've seen them on line for about $28 and was thinking it sounds like a good idea?

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#220494 - 10/20/05 11:01 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I totally agree with Steph about using lotion! I started using lotion right off the bat so that I could avoid getting stretch marks. Only thing... I could not stand the smell of the Palmer's Cocoa Butter. It's got such a strong smell to it! Of course, everything had a strong smell when I was having morning sickness . Since I couldn't tolerate straight cocoa butter, I went searching for anything that had cocoa butter listed in the ingredients, and I took the top off of all of the bottles and tested the odor! The only kind I've been able to use is Swiss Formula St. Ives Advanced Therapy Lotion with Vitamins E & A... the extra dry skin one. I apply it straight out of the shower and right before bed... so far I haven't had any stretch marks at all, which is surprising considering the amount I've grown. That and I too have yucky stretch marks on my thighs and butt from when I put on 35 lbs after I quit smoking.

I also agree with Steph on the pants. I've got both kinds, and really prefer the ones with the elastic band all the way around. They're low rise and easy to push down under your belly if you need to, and still be comfortable. Also, I'm not too sure about whether or not Old Navy or Gap have maturnity clothes (I never found any stores that did anyway) but Motherhood does have pants with different lengths.

Good luck with everything sweetie!!!! I'm so excited for you!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#220501 - 10/20/05 11:18 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I will third that on the Palmer's Cocoa butter. I used it on my boobs, belly and thighs. It really helped my belly because it started itching really bad when it stretched. As for the clothes I actually preferred the pants that went over my belly towards the end. This was because my belly got so huge in the front and I did not get a butt to go with it soooooo the low rise pants would fall down if I wore them and bent over or even just walking. Don't waste your time on buying anything that is called an extender. Just use an elastic hairband and loop it throught you pants and hook it onto your button. I bought the extender and it wasn't that great! You'll just have to judge how things work for you. Personally on the weekends I loved sweatpants and big sweatshirts when I wasn't going anywhere! I also can't wait to get pregnant again because they put in a Mimi Maternity in the Toledo mall and they have some really cute and trendy things for mothers to be!!!

#220514 - 10/20/05 12:00 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Thanks Girls! I will stop at Walgreens and look for the coco butter lotion! I've notice my boobs are itching and I bet its because they are growing so much!! I use Curel lotion everyday but I'll swicth or at least add in another apllication with the coco butter!

Luckily, I have some "fat" pants in my closet so hoping to wear those for the transition. I do have my pants unbutton today with the rubber band thing though as I'm a little C and bloated! And yeah, if I'm not ging anywhere its sweats or pj's for me!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2896 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 733

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review