All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Friday funny......
      #218123 - 10/07/05 01:50 PM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

Thought I'd share a funny from the McGarity household.... Our 21 YO daughter who is in the AF left her dog(my 3 YO black lab grand-puppy) with us until she is settled. She joins our household of 5 kids, 1 cat and another black lab. Yes....it is a very full house! I have had animals all of my life, but this takes the cake. My husband and I were watching TV the other night and Kyleigh(grandpup) was asleep behind us, behind the couch. After a while, my husband turns to me and gives me this funny look and says "is she actually snoring?". Sure enough, we look over the couch and this dog is asleep so soundly, we can barely hear the TV. We laughed soooo hard, we have never heard a dog snore. She does it all the time when ever she sleeps. Too funny. My daughter said to just turn her over to get her to stop(how many of us have had to do that to our husbands, but a dog???). My husband gently tossed a pillow at her last night, to hopefully get her to waken a little and stop. No such luck! She didn't even budge, then proceeded to snore evn louder.

Anyway, I know it's a silly story, but thought it might give someone as good a laugh as it has me. I would love to capture it and send it to Funniest HomeVideos.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Alyson

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Friday funny...... new
      #218154 - 10/07/05 04:12 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

That is too cute!

It reminds me of a story of my own. About 10 years ago, I was visiting my folks. We were all in the family room watching TV...me, Mom, Dad, and Mac, our 13 or 14 year old Scottish terrier. Mac was old enough that it wasn't a good idea to surprise him. So, suddenly, I realized I was the only creature still awake. Yet, it was really noisy. I could hardly hear myself think...because the TV was on...and Dad, and Mom, AND the dog were all snoring. I shook my head in disgust and left the room.

That's funny.. new
      #218233 - 10/08/05 08:22 AM
Alyson McG

snoring drives me crazy too. I think it's getting to my 12 YO lab too. Last night he stood over with his head cocked to the side looking at her, then walked away ans slumped down across the room as if he was irritated with her. In general, she drives him crazy all the time with her puppiness, always jumping at him and wanting to play. Dogs can be so funny. Gotta love them.

Alyson

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

#218268 - 10/08/05 10:06 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

You don't look old enough to be the mother of a 21 year old.

Am I the only one who read that she was in the "Aunt Flo"? All the baby talk that goes on in here , it took me 5 minutes to figure out that she was in the Air Force. So much for dumb blong jokes...coming from a brunette!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

#218283 - 10/08/05 10:42 AM
Alyson McG

Sorry, she's got me well trained at using abbreviations. Don't feel bad,I'm brunette too and chalk it up to all the loss of brain cells after 21+ years of parenting all of my kids.:) Sometimes I feel like I totally missed the boat. Thanks for the compliment, I wish I felt as young as some people think I look. This past year has been a tough one and I feel like I've aged 10, not to mention the 15 pounds I've put on trying to stabalize. Next week, It's my 1 year wedding anniversary, 3 days after that it's my 1 year IBS anniversary and then a couple weeks later I celebrate my 41st B-Day. Last year was action packed! But boy, it was not the way I expected my 1st year of marriage to be. Well, at least, IBS wise I feel tons better and have almost no symptoms.
Sorry for getting so off subject, guess I had something lingering I needed to vent about.

Alyson

--------------------

Wow.... new
      #218322 - 10/08/05 01:52 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I am 42 years old and have two pre-teens! We started late...not by choice but God knew what he was doing!

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Thanks...nt new
      #218327 - 10/08/05 02:25 PM
Alyson McG

--------------------

#218542 - 10/09/05 07:20 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

How very funny and sweet... yes, you should video is for us...with sound!! lol

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#218679 - 10/10/05 12:40 PM
Alyson McG

I'll try to get some soon. It really is adorable.

--------------------

#218685 - 10/10/05 12:47 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Aw man!

This reminds me...I MUST get a picture of Archie asleep and post it for you guys to giggle at! He sleeps on his back with his back legs spread, and his front legs tucked up....AND he snores. Guests never know where to look when they see him like that!

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1566 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1562

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review