All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Update to bad colonoscopy prep last month...
      #216290 - 09/28/05 08:57 AM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

For those of you that remember my bad reaction last month to my prep, I just wanted to let you all know that I decided to try one more time. This time they gave me a prescription for Colyte. I did it last night and felt fine, well...except for the sitting on the pot for a very long time. It was very salty tasting, but I got it down and didn't get the same reaction that I did to the Phosphosoda. So, now I'm just sitting here waiting to go to my appointment.
Anyway, just wanted to share so that others, that may have a reaction to the Phos will know that there is an alternative.

Alyson

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Update to bad colonoscopy prep last month... new
      #216421 - 09/28/05 06:32 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Good luck Alyson! So glad this worked for ya. Hope everything goes well. Let us know the results.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

thanks... new
      #216432 - 09/28/05 07:23 PM
Alyson McG

they didn't find anything! Not sure it that is a blessing or not. Guess I was kinda hoping they would find something curable. The only thing I am waiting for is the biopsy they did for Caelic Sprue, though I don't think it's a real problem for me. I am just so glad this is over.

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

Re: thanks... new
      #216441 - 09/28/05 08:11 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

thanks for the info! my colonoscopy is this monday and i'm suppose to drink that colyte stuff too. I wasn't looking forward to it at all

--------------------

it's not too bad... new
      #216444 - 09/28/05 08:29 PM
Alyson McG

It's very salty so I just chugged it each time I had to take it. I got very bloated, but that was about it. Just don't go too far from the bathroom. Good luck with it and keep me posted, hope everything goes well.

Alyson

--------------------

Re: it's not too bad... new
      #216449 - 09/28/05 09:04 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

haha thanks for the well wishes.

what else did you eat/drink during the prep? Did you mix the colyte with something else or just drink it straight?

and oh yeah.. is it thick like that gross barium you have to drink for a small bowel series?

--------------------

#216475 - 09/29/05 07:52 AM
Alyson McG

after I started drinking the Colyte, I was told all I could have was coffee(Verrrrryyyy funny, like an IBSer can have it)tea and water. So I really only had a few hours of liquid diet which consisted of orange minute maid frozen juice pops(lots of them) progresso chicken noodle soup broth and orange jello. After I started drinking that stuff(colyte), I was really full. It wasn't thick at all, just very salty. It went down like water, I think that's why I was able to chug it. My instructions were to not mix it with anything. The only real problem I had was the next AM being thirsty(couldn't drink after 8:45) and hungry and having a migraine set in because I was so thirsty and hungry. I feel great this AM, though my stools are still a little loose. I watched them doing the colonoscopy, but must have fell asleep during the endo, cause I don't remember that at all. Funny thing though, I wasn't even hungry at all when I got out, though I did force myself to eat something. Must have been the durgs they put me on....:)

--------------------

#216552 - 09/29/05 11:38 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

wow!! it wasn't weird being awake through it?

--------------------

#216681 - 09/29/05 10:34 PM
Alyson McG

No, I was sooooo out of it that I really didn't think much of it. It was kinda like I was watching someone else going through it...very wierd...

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 999 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1023

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review