--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Dalia, how are you feeling today? new
      #211986 - 09/09/05 09:10 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

You've got a lot on your plate. This is one of the reasons I said I didn't like to cook...not because I don't (because I really do), but because it's just more stress in an already too stressful day.

I really think you'll figure out a schedule that works for you and things will settle down a bit. YOU CAN DO IT! And we need more RD's who know about GI problems!

Have you changed your diet at all or increased your psyllium too much or too fast?

We'll always be here for you, sweetie! We love you!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: well did I give myself an attack or what???!!! new
      #212015 - 09/09/05 10:14 AM
SusieS

Reged: 09/09/05

Precious Kate, I only registered today, Friday, and was so touched by your response to Daliatree. Sweetheart, you are NOT a loser who cannot handle "real life"! Real life can be an overwhelming thing to deal with when we're up against something as "simple" as IBS. Last week I had an appointment that was very important. It was a 30 minute drive, and I needed to gas up my car. After doing so, and replacing the cap, and grabbing my wallet to go in to pay, I had that most familiar twinge...followed by--oh yes--the "oops, I crapped my pants" (Saturday Night Live routine which I've chosen to refer to my worst IBS episodes as) disaster! There I was, in my dress, needing to go into the little quick-mart to pay! What to DO?! I ended up handing my 20 dollar bill to another woman, telling her I'd had an "accident" (she could interpret whatever she wanted) and could she please pay for my pump. And I drove home, sobbing. My dress is ruined, I got the stains out of my car seat, and my appointment is re-scheduled. But talk about handling real life!! I didn't want to ever leave the house again. And that is NOT an isolated experience. A few months ago, I stood up, and diarrhea ran down my legs and right out of my jeans and over my shoes. Fortunately, I was only with my 25 year old daughter. I looked at her and said, "What if I were in the principal's office?" (I had to retire--I'd been a special educator for 20 years.) It IS enough to make you just want to quit the human race sometimes! But don't get down on yourself Honey! The fact that you are on this website and offering encouragement to others says VOLUMES about you! You may have "ditched" some of your activities and/or plans for NOW, but you probably just need to "re-group". My son, Curtis, is a Marine. He'll be turning 21 on September 30th. He just returned to Iraq for the 2nd time. One of the marines sayings is, "Retreat? Hell, NO! We're just attacking from a different direction!" Be patient. People who don't live with IBS don't realize that even wieh you are "episode free", it is always "there". It looms over us, and CAN fill us with dread. But YOU are bigger than your IBS. You are on this site as a helper, an encourager, and an uplifter. YOU will be helped, encouraged and uplifted. And by God's grace, you are NOT be a loser in "real life"!! And, you have planted a seed in my heart...today I will go out and buy yarn...and start an afaghan of LOVE for my son. As long as I'm wringing my hands, I may as well keep them busy! Keep the faith, Kate! (And pray for my Curtie, would you please?)

Hope you're much better!! nt new
      #212033 - 09/09/05 10:40 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: This is Tina using Tommy's username... new
      #212036 - 09/09/05 10:42 AM
Tina in NYC

Reged: 09/09/05

YAY! Me too!

What will you be wearing?

--------------------
------

Tina

Re: Yes, Dalia, dear, how are you??? -nt- new
      #212043 - 09/09/05 11:02 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 756 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1356

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review